Albion in the community (or not)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
My 4 year old, a new season ticket holder and member of Gully's Gang, was beside himself with excitement about the club committing to run football sessions during term time at ZT Kids Fit Skool in Hove, beginning in November. However, on arrival after the first session we were told it was cancelled, cue floods of tears. We were assured the club would pick these up the following week (11th), only to be told on Thursday that they couldn't get numbers to make it viable, and that the club can "no longer afford to send players to attend."

This follows on from the last time I tried to take my son to meet the players at a book signing. They arrived very late and I couldn't wait (due to a prior booking for the stadium tour). More tears. Then I arranged to go to the event with Calderon and Vicente (my son's favourite player), and he doesn't turn up. Yes, tears.

Could you just confirm whether the players are trying to avoid my son? He's quite harmless really and I'm not in the business of letting him down. He is the next generation of fan and whilst these are probably minor issues that will not affect his love for all things BHA, I'm just a little disappointed at this sequence of events.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
No, of course not. Apologies for the non attendance of Vicente at Sports Dreams, but I believe this was related to his injury, and the fact he was having treatment.

With regard to the soccer course. Sadly if the numbers don't make it viable to run a course, then it is difficult for the club to put on weekly sessions. There are some Saturday clubs, albeit your son is a year too young at the moment, but for future reference the link below goes through to the info. There is a mini-kickers course (4-5 years of age) this coming Christmas holiday which he might be interested in attending.

Brighton and Hove Albion | Community | Football Courses | Football Courses | Football Courses Booking Now

We do have the Young Seagulls Christmas party coming up, and the players will be in attendance. In the meantime if you Can you PM me your address and son's name, I will ask Vicente to send your son a signed picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports