Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in a corner!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yep, we scored from a corner in that game, but I don't believe for one minute THAT goal was practised on the training ground!

We don't appear to attack the ball with any real purpose, and as has been mentioned too often of late the delivery has been poor to diabolical.

Absolutely right. To my mind, there are four standard approaches to corners:
1 Attacking players line up around edge of penalty box, corner taker swings ball in somewhere between the edge of the box and the six yard box and the attacking players, er, attack it
2 Swung in for a flick on around the near post for someone to finish off at the back
3 Swung in deep to the back post for someone to nod in or back into the six yard box
4 Played short for another attacking player to swing in from a different angle

Few of our corners seem to take any of these approaches :shrug:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
1 Attacking players line up around edge of penalty box, corner taker swings ball in somewhere between the edge of the box and the six yard box and the attacking players, er, attack it
2 Swung in for a flick on around the near post for someone to finish off at the back
3 Swung in deep to the back post for someone to nod in or back into the six yard box

Or alternatively, take a short corner and then hit the defender who closes you down with the cross...

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011

..or Boro's premier league variation where the corner ball is swung on to the pen spot, Greer gets blocked off by another Boro player and by the time he recovers the ball is on its way to the net.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
..or Boro's premier league variation where the corner ball is swung on to the pen spot, Greer gets blocked off by another Boro player and by the time he recovers the ball is on its way to the net.

...or Albion's Championship variation, where Bruno attempts a pinfall and submission while letting the striker get a clean header anyway!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seriously though, when was the last one before that? - and how many have scored from (or other set pieces for that matter) this season? Not as many as we've conceded, I suspect...........
We had a free kick, 1st half, against Boro, SW touchline where a ball into the box was the obvious option. The ball ended up going back to Stockdale with no threat to the Boro goal whatsoever. No attempt was made to score.

Do they practise kicking the ball during training at Lancing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here