Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Fans vs Ticket Window ****Official Bun Fight Thread****

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I know someone who tried the tier one trick had his/her basket cleared then went back into the basket and the ticket magically appeared. This was 10 seconds after 9am.

The system is just not right at the moment. No one should be allowed to log in 30 mins before a sale like this.
The ticket, their tier 1 ticket that they are entitled to, or have they already bought that, and this is another one which they then allocated to someone in Tier 2 ?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I know someone who tried the tier one trick had his/her basket cleared then went back into the basket and the ticket magically appeared. This was 10 seconds after 9am.

The system is just not right at the moment. No one should be allowed to log in 30 mins before a sale like this.
That certainly wasn't the case for me. They were well gone.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm sure in previous situations like this the website wouldn't let you log in from about 30 minutes before the tier opened. It used to say it would randomly assign you a place in the queue once we hit 9am. That is the right way to do it.
I agree. I liked the queuing system. If you got a lousy place in the queue, so be it. Somehow felt fairer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The ticket, their tier 1 ticket that they are entitled to, or have they already bought that, and this is another one which they then allocated to someone in Tier 2 ?
The tier 1 had already used their allocation so it was just a basket With a different owner. Maybe they just got lucky. But fundamentally as others have said it's crazy that tier ones can get in 30 mins before.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
How many seats were we allocated in the end?
And how many in addition to this number are we guessing could be in Amsterdam without tickets?

How many with cheap transport and free cancellation accommodation will now consider not going?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It would also make it very unfair on the vast majority of fans who have next to no chance on a game like this, even though they’ve been season ticket holders for decades. Not everyone has Saturdays off and can go to away matches - it’s a narrow definition of ‘loyalty’. I’m imagine that’s why they protected the very top points holders and made the small amount remaining more of a lottery.
This is a good point actually. I've been going since 1989, had season tickets at Gillingham / Withdean / the whole time at the Amex. Did 10-15 away games a season for most of my 20's and all the home games, but am now at the stage of my life where that isn't possible due to time commitments / young kids etc. I have a ST and probably only get to 1-2 away games a season now. Am I any less 'loyal' than a 300 pointer who has only been going since we got to the Premier League and is at the stage of life where they can go to 15 glamourous Premier League away games a season? I don't think so. So you've just changed my mind completely, the club got the tiers right.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I agree. I liked the queuing system. If you got a lousy place in the queue, so be it. Somehow felt fairer.
I guess the issue today was there wasnt enough people to need a queue system but alot more people than tickets? I missed out, and after Villa have enough tickets for tier 1, if anything the tier going down to 220 was unfair on those near the top of the threshold as was never going beyond tier 2, or maybe the club got spooked by the Marseille ticket registrations that didnt translate to purchases.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is a good point actually. I've been going since 1989, had season tickets at Gillingham / Withdean / the whole time at the Amex. Did 10-15 away games a season for most of my 20's and all the home games, but am now at the stage of my life where that isn't possible due to time commitments / young kids etc. I have a ST and probably only get to 1-2 away games a season now. Am I any less 'loyal' than a 300 pointer who has only been going since we got to the Premier League and is at the stage of life where they can go to 15 glamourous Premier League away games a season? I don't think so. So you've just changed my mind completely, the club got the tiers right.
Agreed - I posted this on the main ticket thread. The club essentially had two options...

- Very narrow tiers after Tier 1 which would give very few people a high chance of getting a ticket.
- A broad Tier 2 which gave a lot of people a small chance of getting a ticket.

They chose the second one.

If you were on 260ish points you probably think they chose incorrectly. If you are on 220 points and got a ticket you probably think the made the right choice.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The tier 1 had already used their allocation so it was just a basket With a different owner. Maybe they just got lucky. But fundamentally as others have said it's crazy that tier ones can get in 30 mins before.

Perhaps they should contact the club and ask what happened, and check they haven't bought something they are not entitled to?

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
I got 3 bang on 9am by selecting the block and then clicking best available. I think doing that instead of trying to select individual seats probably made the difference. I tend to avoid doing it when buying gig tickets, due to price differential between different options, but it seemed a no brainer in this situation where everything was the same price.

This is the way. In situations like this you always click the auto-populator in whatever guise it is, in this case "Best Available". With the absolute BINFEST of Taylor Swift tickets reaching international news levels of messed up its crazy to me that people are crying that it's not fair in here. The club have handled this very well IMO, and it is a FAR better experience than bloody ticketmaster. I did not get a ticket to Ajax either, but everything has been handled very well from the club IMO.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I wouldn’t worry if you don’t get tickets, Ajax fans will cause the game to be abandoned anyway - stick to the coffee shops and whores of the red light district and don’t bother wasting your time 😂

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

The number of tickets available this morning was c350 (I got a Tier 1 friend of mine to check about 7am). That number then went down to basically zero between 8.30 and 9, but jumped back up to 300+ as soon as 9.00am rolled around, so the club definitely cleared the baskets of anyone trying to hoard them to allocate to Tier 2 friends.

I think, as others have said, it was purely the volume of people scrambling over a small number of tickets.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

by the definition of the club's loyalty scheme, you are deemed as a less loyal than someone who's only been going since we got to the premier league.. That's the rules of the scheme...

There will always be 2 sides to this story forever.... ... Should we be rewarded because we went 30 years ago, I don't think so.... Just the way it is...

I'm in the same "bracket" as you by the way.. I've been everywhere watching this club for 30 years....do I deserve a ticket more than anyone else? - Maybe some, maybe not others... I think Generally this system is actually quite fair. I'm sure there's tweaks that could be made, but generally the system is more fair than unfair IMO.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It did come back on the have a couple of hundred available at 9, I managed to get one for my mother luckily. Its not the greatest system, but it works a lot better than other ticket systems I've used (glastonbury is a serious bun fight). Just got to be on it, constantly refresh and as soon as it says buy go for it. Also if you can find the unpopular seats first, and target them. Its a system thats always worked for me.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm swayed because a fair few of the people I know who qualify for all these matches had next to no interest in the Albion before the club moved to the Amex. Just a passing interest in their local club but they'd go to watch Premier League football instead. Don't begrudge them their tickets - it is what it is - but I'm glad to have at least been in the mix. I think the loyalty points approach works across a normal season as there are 20+ games and it's usually possible to get to a few. For this, with potentially only 3 matches and possibly for the only time in our history, I don't think the system works so well. It would be interesting to know how many people with high loyalty points don't attend home games (thereby contributing precisely nothing to the club). Maybe not many at all but I do suspect some prioritise away matches for the craic - and the bonus of being able to get to the glamour cup ties.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
by the definition of the club's loyalty scheme, you are deemed as a less loyal than someone who's only been going since we got to the premier league.. That's the rules of the scheme...

There will always be 2 sides to this story forever.... ... Should we be rewarded because we went 30 years ago, I don't think so.... Just the way it is...

I'm in the same "bracket" as you by the way.. I've been everywhere watching this club for 30 years....do I deserve a ticket more than anyone else? - Maybe some, maybe not others... I think Generally this system is actually quite fair. I'm sure there's tweaks that could be made, but generally the system is more fair than unfair IMO.
I agree with this, being "of an age" as well. I'm now passing through the kids and commitments stage and getting back to being able to go again more that I had been. Still a little shy of tier 1, though, and glad I got lucky in the fastest finger first lottery this morning.

It seems the Best Available is a good way to go in this scenario, but I went for the Bozza approach of clicking two seats to the side of the block with most seats available and hitting Buy as soon as I could.

I'm still surprised there was no queue in place, though - but I guess that in itself scuppers the multi-devicers.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm swayed because a fair few of the people I know who qualify for all these matches had next to no interest in the Albion before the club moved to the Amex. Just a passing interest in their local club but they'd go to watch Premier League football instead. Don't begrudge them their tickets - it is what it is - but I'm glad to have at least been in the mix. I think the loyalty points approach works across a normal season as there are 20+ games and it's usually possible to get to a few. For this, with potentially only 3 matches and possibly for the only time in our history, I don't think the system works so well. It would be interesting to know how many people with high loyalty points don't attend home games (thereby contributing precisely nothing to the club). Maybe not many at all but I do suspect some prioritise away matches for the craic - and the bonus of being able to get to the glamour cup ties.

I don't think much of this matters. I just don't think it should be a massive scramble coming down to how well you use the ticket site and how fast your internet is.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
After missing out what I’d like now is first dibs at tier 2 Athens tickets however I appreciate I wouldn’t be saying that had I been successful. (also it won’t happen)

My bitterness is aimed fairly and squarely with myself, the family and I booked all our travel/accommodation and time off work based where we fancied going without considering tickets. I’m cursing myself as it seems every sort of 50/50 decision I made was the wrong one. This has been a massive learning curve.

I’ve always stated if we had a good run in this and I managed to get in for just one away, I’d have done well.

I can blame “the system” as much as I like but ultimately I’m blaming my own tactics for letting me down thus far.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I quite like Wimbledon Centre Court ticketing. You apply and get entered into a lottery. They email you once that has been drawn to let you know if you have got a ticket. Albion could do this on a tier by tier basis. Would be far less stressful for everyone and less demanding on the tech to hold up to the inevitable pressure at 9am. Also removes any sneaky backdoor tactics of Tier Ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here