[Albion] Albion Fans vs Ticket Window ****Official Bun Fight Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He doesn't mean people who tried to select them BEFORE 9.00am.

He means (and he's dead right) that it is completely shit that you could log in legitimately, select your AVAILABLE seats AFTER 9.00am, but when you click 'BUY' they are then 'unavailable'.

Odds were always against being successful this morning, and I'm not angry at missing out - but I am pissed off with the 20 minutes of crappy stress, thinking there was some technical malfunction stopping me from completing the purchase. All completely unnecessary.
Yep, that's what I meant. Absolutely crappy. Gutted for you.

I would keep an eye out over today and this week and even after though, there's bound to be some returns.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Actually the club did clear baskets because i was continually refreshing the front page from about 8.55
When i first logged in their were about 5 left because tier ones did indeed have them all in their baskets but about 20 seconds before nine there were suddenly 410 available across the 3 blocks as the tier one baskets were forcibly emptied. When i refreshed again it was down to 150 and next time just 3, that is how quick they went.
Don't shoot the messenger but I heard that it said basket emptied for tier ones but when they clicked back into the basket after 9am the ticket(s) appeared which is an interesting bug.

No bitterness here. I'm already going and my bro got his ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With no queue it absolutely would. Everyone clicked in seconds.
Absolutely, this, yes.

I had the screen anchored on the page with the Ajax button in the middle of the screen and banged refresh.

It jumped from "SOLD OUT" to "BUY" and I just sped through...

- Selected biggest block
- Selected random seat in an unpopular area - high and on the side.
- Clicked "BUY" to protect the seat.

...then relaxed and checked out a few minutes later.

There were a good 300 tickets available at 9:00, so the club had clearly ensured no-one had them reserved ahead of the window opening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unfortunately, I think some of those who are less familiar with the ticketing system than others didn't know they had to click "BUY" ASAP after selecting their seat in order to protect it.

Until you do that, it can be poached by others.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't shoot the messenger but I heard that it said basket emptied for tier ones but when they clicked back into the basket after 9am the ticket(s) appeared which is an interesting bug.

No bitterness here. I'm already going and my bro got his ticket.
You heard?

I suggest you read Bozza's post below yours :rolleyes:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Right that's it.

I have to go to work.

That's another thing that pisses me off. The club could have done this yesterday when more people were at home. Instead they choose 9am on a Monday when loads of people are at work.

I've pointed this out before to them and just got blank stares.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ticketmaster won't have priority level schemes like the way this one does....

I get you may be a bit miffed about not getting a ticket, but can assure you it wasn't because of the system....
Sorry but yes it was. Tier 1s should not have had their baskets emptied they should have been logged out of the match completely. The match should have been accessible to tier 1 and 2 together at 9am, the fact tier 1 could access the match before 9am meant they essentially had a false start on tier 2.
I’m gutted to have missed out but there is no way that goes from ‘buy’ to ‘sold out’ in less than a minute if people are not already part way through the process at 9am and the process should start with accessing the match.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
There needs to be a window of purchase for tier 1 which includes a lock out time, after which you essentially drop to the next tier. I am tier 2 and could not access the match via ‘buy’ until 9am, even being able to be in the ticket system for that match before 9 is an unfair advantage.
tier 1's didn't have an advantage on you... sadly you were just slower than some to get in the queue.... it will have all been driven on code within the system..

You've just got unlucky....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Unfortunately, I think some of those who are less familiar with the ticketing system than others didn't know they had to click "BUY" ASAP after selecting their seat in order to protect it.

I'm afraid that on this occasion that's not the case.

The seats were gone before you could get to the buy button.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I
There needs to be a window of purchase for tier 1 which includes a lock out time, after which you essentially drop to the next tier. I am tier 2 and could not access the match via ‘buy’ until 9am, even being able to be in the ticket system for that match before 9 is an unfair advantage.
Think there was because at 08:55 it went to sold out.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Sorry but yes it was. Tier 1s should not have had their baskets emptied they should have been logged out of the match completely. The match should have been accessible to tier 1 and 2 together at 9am, the fact tier 1 could access the match before 9am meant they essentially had a false start on tier 2.
I’m gutted to have missed out but there is no way that goes from ‘buy’ to ‘sold out’ in less than a minute if people are not already part way through the process at 9am and the process should start with accessing the match.
of course it sells out that quickly... How many people do you think were trying.. there's circa 10000 season ticket holders trying... for 300 tickets.....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ticketmaster won't have priority level schemes like the way this one does....

I get you may be a bit miffed about not getting a ticket, but can assure you it wasn't because of the system....
Perhaps a queuing system should have been put in place to give a sense of parity.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I got to select tickets but it said they were not available.

Now saying sold out.
So frustrating when that happens.
Lucky enough to have got ours, theres 3 of us and we were all trying to buy some. Only one of us was successful at getting any in their basket that weren't already taken, I was tier 1 but the others were tier 2 so have been nervously watching the tickets disappear all weekend).

Amsterdam here we come!
The no longer available bit is so annoying, wastes time as you have to reselect only for it to happen again.

Not sure there's an easy solution. If they grey out as soon as a seat is selected then folk will click every seat and coordinate with others.

The only real solution is sales at the ticket office and an orderly queue like the good old days. Like posting a cheque fir Glastonbury tickets. So much calmer

Luckily I got in tier1 so no such problems this time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm afraid that on this occasion that's not the case.

The seats were gone before you could get to the buy button.
It wasn't.

In block 417 I had over 200 seats to chose from. If they were in baskets already, they'd not have shown up.

You had to select a seat and click BUY in a few seconds or someone else would have nabbed it, and from there you were likely stuffed as you would then need to deselect that seat and choose another one. All the time, others were beating you to it.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Oh well. Congratulations to those that got them fairly n squarely. Disappointment I can take but I’m gutted for the boy, I’m still gonna go but he’s flounced and said he not traveling.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Absolutely, this, yes.

I had the screen anchored on the page with the Ajax button in the middle of the screen and banged refresh.

It jumped from "SOLD OUT" to "BUY" and I just sped through...

- Selected biggest block
- Selected random seat in an unpopular area - high and on the side.
- Clicked "BUY" to protect the seat.

...then relaxed and checked out a few minutes later.

There were a good 300 tickets available at 9:00, so the club had clearly ensured no-one had them reserved ahead of the window opening.
Well done and glad you got sorted!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I think where I might have gone wrong. I selected the first two I saw together but it might have been a nano second before I hit the pay button ... I didn't even see the not available message for several seconds. By then no chance of any others :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports