[Albion] Albion Fans vs Ticket Window ****Official Bun Fight Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
No way .... it wouldn't have sold out on 1 min if tier ones didn't have tickets already in the basket.

My brother got one but this was later when tickets got released after baskets emptied around 9.07

All baskets were emptied. At 9am, over 300 were showing available. All sold within a minute or so

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
What is the possibility of Ajax offering more tickets. Thousands of Albion are going to travel without tickets. I would have thought the authorities would prefer to know where these fans are = in the ground. Would Ajax normally expect to sell out a Europa League night?
Next to none. They sold out weeks ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Keep trying folk, people will drop in and out of the process. Last season I managed to get a T2 Fulham ticket at about 9.20.

And for those saying they were held, Titanic's screen print shows they weren't in T1 baskets. The not finding out you've lost the ticket until payment is very snide though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Keep trying folk, people will drop in and out of the process. Last season I managed to get a T2 Fulham ticket at about 9.20.

And for those saying they were held, Titanic's screen print shows they weren't in T1 baskets. The not finding out you've lost the ticket until payment is very snide though.
That's the issue- once you have them in your basket you should hold them for 15 minutes. To have them in your basket and not be able to pay is not OK.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

Not finding out you've lost the ticket until payment isn't as snide as trying to cheat the system....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not finding out you've lost the ticket until payment isn't as snide as trying to cheat the system....
People will always try but the system flushes T1 basket holders before opening the new window and has done since the Brentford debacle last season. It will be a repeatable, logic based bit of code that runs to open the window.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
That's the issue- once you have them in your basket you should hold them for 15 minutes. To have them in your basket and not be able to pay is not OK.
Why should you be able to hold them for 15 mins to break the system?

The system correctly kicked everyone out, then opened on the dot and then people bought tickets... If you weren't fast enough, that's just unlucky.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
No way .... it wouldn't have sold out on 1 min if tier ones didn't have tickets already in the basket.

My brother got one but this was later when tickets got released after baskets emptied around 9.07
Actually the club did clear baskets because i was continually refreshing the front page from about 8.55
When i first logged in their were about 5 left because tier ones did indeed have them all in their baskets but about 20 seconds before nine there were suddenly 410 available across the 3 blocks as the tier one baskets were forcibly emptied. When i refreshed again it was down to 150 and next time just 3, that is how quick they went.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why should you be able to hold them for 15 mins to break the system?

The system correctly kicked everyone out, then opened on the dot and then people bought tickets... If you weren't fast enough, that's just unlucky.
You misunderstand me. You shouldn't be able to hold them across priority windows. I mean when you log in at 9am and get 3 tickets added to your basket, you should then hold those tickets for 15 mins (or 10 mins or whatever) to give you time to pay etc. Once in your basket they should be yours. Any tier 1ers who were in at 8:59 and added to baskets to buy for tier 2ers should have had their baskets emptied at 9am to make it fair. Which I'm sure they did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He doesn't mean people who tried to select them BEFORE 9.00am.

He means (and he's dead right) that it is completely shit that you could log in legitimately, select your AVAILABLE seats AFTER 9.00am, but when you click 'BUY' they are then 'unavailable'.

Odds were always against being successful this morning, and I'm not angry at missing out - but I am pissed off with the 20 minutes of crappy stress, thinking there was some technical malfunction stopping me from completing the purchase. All completely unnecessary.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Ticketmaster holds the seat for 5 minutes once in your basket, all fit for purpose ticketing systems would do this.
Ticketmaster won't have priority level schemes like the way this one does....

I get you may be a bit miffed about not getting a ticket, but can assure you it wasn't because of the system....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People will always try but the system flushes T1 basket holders before opening the new window and has done since the Brentford debacle last season. It will be a repeatable, logic based bit of code that runs to open the window.
I hope it also activates a toilet flushing sound when it executes.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Actually the club did clear baskets because i was continually refreshing the front page from about 8.55
When i first logged in their were about 5 left because tier ones did indeed have them all in their baskets but about 20 seconds before nine there were suddenly 410 available across the 3 blocks as the tier one baskets were forcibly emptied. When i refreshed again it was down to 150 and next time just 3, that is how quick they went.
There needs to be a window of purchase for tier 1 which includes a lock out time, after which you essentially drop to the next tier. I am tier 2 and could not access the match via ‘buy’ until 9am, even being able to be in the ticket system for that match before 9 is an unfair advantage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports