Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Fans vs Ticket Window ****Official Bun Fight Thread****

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Have a cut off time for collections.
Make uncollected tickets available on line to pre-registered fans in Tiers 1 and 2.
Physical collection window open for say 15 or 30 minutes.
But how do you prove/show you're in tier 1 or 2 or even eligible on the streets of Amsterdam?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
But how do you prove/show you're in tier 1 or 2 or even eligible on the streets of Amsterdam?
Surely someone will have a club laptop that is connected to the supporters database. Give them your fan number. Do they have > 220 season ticket points. Yes. There you go you can have a ticket for £29.

There will be people who don't show up. Didn't the club try and claim 100 people didn't show up at Brentford last season when they introduced the ticket collection stuff?

I'm sure there will be several people who don't collect tickets for whatever reason. Covid is doing the rounds again. Cars break down. Kids get sick etc etc.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Quite easily. Just log on to the Albion app on your phone
So, I show my login to the people at the ticket booth and they then have to make
a note of who bought it to prevent me showing up again 15 mins later for another ticket and so they have to check
the list of people who have already showed their id/tier info, etc.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My question would be, How many on here in the Tier 2 bracket are going to Marseille and not just wanting to do this game ?
Obviously the club has looked at who has registered for this game and worked out the level of loyalty points to suit the numbers .
I'm sure if more Tier 1 people had registered for this game it would have been a bun fight at that level.
Hence for the Athens away jolly the points required are even higher.
I'm lucky enough to have enough points to do all three games but getting those points has involved a lot of expense and travelling for home and away games for the last forty plus years.
I've already made it perfectly clear on another thread that if I didn't get a ticket for Ajax then I would do all I can on Thursday to get us banned from Europe and thus deny pleasure to all you shysters who are just travelling to Amsterdam for a smoke and an easy commute to a Europa game.

On Wednesday I will be making my way to the Old Port in Marseille with my blue and white shirt on and a seagull emblazoned on my head. I shall then start to sing 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys' while handing out printed cards with the address of the location where Albion fans will be collecting tickets.

It will be carnage.

Too chicken to come to Marseille? Well you won't be going to Holland then.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Surely someone will have a club laptop that is connected to the supporters database. Give them your fan number. Do they have > 220 season ticket points. Yes. There you go you can have a ticket for £29.

There will be people who don't show up. Didn't the club try and claim 100 people didn't show up at Brentford last season when they introduced the ticket collection stuff?

I'm sure there will be several people who don't collect tickets for whatever reason. Covid is doing the rounds again. Cars break down. Kids get sick etc etc.
I’m not sure that you even need that. The website buy button will presumably only be green for those eligible to purchase. Purchase on phone; receive email; present email at ticket collection point.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
It is indeed. I'm not moaning, I got a ticket. But I do think the random queuing system was fairer.

Or better still, let's have an actual queue down Queens Road, and the earlier you get there, the further towards the front of the queue you are. That will test people's loyalty.
I am in T1 and have been since the scheme started, ST since 5 and have virtually planned life around following the Albion. A proper queue like that would work wonders if we had an allocation more than we do. I think the club have done the fairest thing possible. It'll seem unfair to those who missed out but again, we didn't sell out Marseille. Amsterdam is, of course, more attractive but if you wanted to get to 1 away game, some couldve purchased Marseille rather than gamble on Ajax.

Gutted for those who didn't get one, genuinely. I have friends who all felt they'd get one or to some extent deserved one but it is what it is.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I’m not sure that you even need that. The website buy button will presumably only be green for those eligible to purchase. Purchase on phone; receive email; present email at ticket collection point.
Very true. How England do it is you have to register for non collection. Then they prioritise that list by number of caps (loyalty points). Lets say they have 10 non collected tickets they'll ring the top 10 people on that list and say you have X minutes to come and buy a ticket.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I was delighted when we drew Marseille, purely because it’s a large ground and I’d have a better chance of getting a ticket - which I registered for and bought as soon as I was eligible. Fantastic opportunity to see us away in Europe and worth the expense and imaginative travel arrangements needed.

I also registered for Ajax and AEK but with little expectation(184 points). I think the system is fundamentally fair and the right way to approach it.
Well done to the lucky ones for Ajax, I’m still buzzing to be off to France on Wednesday evening! UTA!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I get people are disappointed (try getting a Glasto ticket!) but the loyalty system works exceptionally well. Those who go to games get priority. The club took an additional step to give fans the opportunity to register interest which presumably would've bought down the points needed for a guaranteed ticket. It's pretty fair.

It was wonderful to qualify, and I'm not demeaning anyone for getting excited, but it was pretty clear at the end of last season that there were going to be a lot of disappointed fans who wanted to experience a big European game away. Lots of people saying they were going to go and make the effort but hadn't been to an away game that year.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I was delighted when we drew Marseille, purely because it’s a large ground and I’d have a better chance of getting a ticket - which I registered for and bought as soon as I was eligible. Fantastic opportunity to see us away in Europe and worth the expense and imaginative travel arrangements needed.

I also registered for Ajax and AEK but with little expectation(184 points). I think the system is fundamentally fair and the right way to approach it.
Well done to the lucky ones for Ajax, I’m still buzzing to be off to France on Wednesday evening! UTA!
This is a good way to look at it. We fell short of selling out Marseille as well.

In terms of the draw, we could only have got bigger stadiums if we had Roma instead of Ajax (Toulouse instead of AEK would've have only resulted in 100 tickets or so and been impossible as Marseille were in our group). In terms of maximising ticket availability, we got it about as good as we could.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep......along with their kids hopefully - the ones who wouldn't have got hooked during those years
Sadly, I took my kids too much in the Withdean years and neither are interested enough to go to games any more. My son has absolutely zero interest in football now, even though he played for a few years as well. He discovered mountains and climbing (as did I in my 20s) and didn't look back. At least when I did that in the 80s, I was still interested in how the Albion were doing, despite being away climbing most weekends.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I like the idea of the spare ticket pick up. However, I also think replicating the chaos of this morning IRL with far less tickets available and far more alcohol/drugs added into the mix is not something the club will be enthusiastic about.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies if this has already been asked, but what is the score with people who have been able to get tickets but are no longer able to travel ?

Is there a Ticket exchange ?
I'd exchanged emails with the club this morning on something, and this came up.

It is expected that any returns will be re-listed for sale, but it may be quite late on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here