Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans heading to villa on trains from southampton

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
to those travlling to villa on train from southampton, anyone else having to take a train the bristol temple meads first then up to brum and still that costs £40! anybody know cheaper routes or options? i would of thought there would be a direct train to brum from southampton not having to go all the way out the bristol first!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aren't there any direct trains with Cross Country from Southampton to Birmingham these days ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just looked and either via Bristol TM or alternatively via Banbury but a bus to Leamington Spa.

Looks like via Bristol it is.

£41 via Bristol TM / Birmingham

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
May be a dead end route but, try looking at the route that the coaches are taking from brighton..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going via London from sunny Shoreham

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Nordic Gull

Feb 25, 2009
Hampshire
I was gonna be travelling from Soton, but having seen there's engineering works and the cost, i'm gonna drive down to Brighton the night before and then travel up with mates from there. Shame as Soton to Brum is much easier than Brighton to Brum otherwise

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
anyone know the cheapest fares/ routes from brighton to brum return via london??

Just so i know im getting the right tickets.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
to those travlling to villa on train from southampton, anyone else having to take a train the bristol temple meads first then up to brum and still that costs £40! anybody know cheaper routes or options? i would of thought there would be a direct train to brum from southampton not having to go all the way out the bristol first!

Go via Southern Trains for £10 :thumbsup:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I have a spare train ticket from Birmingham New St to Southampton via Bristol. Think it's for the 18.40ish from BNS. £11 single. I'm changing my plans coming back, hence its availability.

PM me if interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here