Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Don't Like Decent Strikers

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Both Elder And Bas Scored Last Night. The Coca Cola Kid Is Now Valued In The Millions. Meanwhile At Brighton Our Classiest Striker, Jakey, Languishes In Reserves Soon To Go.

Makes My Blood Boil. Now You Know Me As A Calm Rational Person But This Farce Will Make Me Lose My Temper Before Long.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Both Elder And Bas Scored Last Night. The Coca Cola Kid Is Now Valued In The Millions. Meanwhile At Brighton Our Classiest Striker, Jakey, Languishes In Reserves Soon To Go.

Makes My Blood Boil. Now You Know Me As A Calm Rational Person But This Farce Will Make Me Lose My Temper Before Long.

Capital!
Classiest Striker My A*se.Bognor Beckons.Off You Go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CKR = Ego bigger than Withdean difficult to control
Baz Savage = Didnt like the terms he was offered.
Alex Elder = Unproven under Wilkins may have done better under MA.

Jakey = Full of potentlal has has been for the past 5 years and not realised it yet. Most success on loan at Aldershot perhaps his ideal level.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003

If I remember correctly, Bas went from being a nobody journeyman to becoming a reasonable goal scorer in the brief time he was with us. We made him yet it only took him six months of playing football for the Albion to develop a gigantic ego and think he was bigger than our club. You would've thought all those years in the wilderness would've helped the lad develop some humility. Glad to see him gone.

Jimmy Grimble

Let me know when I'm meant to laugh.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd love to see Robinson starting and getting a chance under Adams as a striker. He's still young, should still be given more time.
In my view Mickys made up his mind on players.

Hawkins and Virgo will play however poor they play.

Cox has been given plenty of chances under Adams but Jakey hasn't. We all know he won't be starting though.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to see Robinson starting and getting a chance under Adams as a striker. He's still young, should still be given more time.
In my view Mickys made up his mind on players.

Hawkins and Virgo will play however poor they play.

Cox has been given plenty of chances under Adams but Jakey hasn't. We all know he won't be starting though.

Can we cut our loses with Robinson at say 160 games or do we give him 200 games?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we cut our loses with Robinson at say 160 games or do we give him 200 games?

When a new manager comes everyone should be given a clean slate. If Robinson starts striker even for one game I would feel ateast he has been given some kind of chance.

We play others who don't warrant the shirt...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
When a new manager comes everyone should be given a clean slate. If Robinson starts striker even for one game I would feel ateast he has been given some kind of chance.

Robinson is too lightweight up front and his scoring record for a striker is awful. If he plays it should be on the wing but I can't remember him having a good game since he came on at Orient in the league last November and was fantastic. I would love him to prove me wrong but I think he will be released at the end of the season (or even January if someone puts a small offer in).

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
CKR was never destined to stay with us. Whatever people may think he was definitely headed for a higher place than us.

Elder has hardly set the place on fire at Brentford. Yes he has scored a few goals but yes he has played lots of games.

We didn't let Bas go; he rejected what appeared to be a very good offer. We made the decision that one player is not bigger than the team as a whole and I fully agree with that.

I didn't hear comments such as this when Murray and Forster were both fully fit and scoring goals.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

When Wilkins left, Robinson mouthed off to the press slating Wilkins and licking Adams arse saying what a wonderful manager he was, and will give him his deserved chance in the first team

What a load of good that did for Jake as he sat in the stand with 1 striker on the pitch and none on the subs bench

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When Wilkins left, Robinson mouthed off to the press slating Wilkins and licking Adams arse saying what a wonderful manager he was, and will give him his deserved chance in the first team

What a load of good that did for Jake as he sat in the stand with 1 striker on the pitch and none on the subs bench

We HAVE Adam Virgo to cover ANY position.

f*** SAKE.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Virgo gets injured, will we have to get FOUR players in on loan to cover for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here