Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion confirm 91 per cent season ticket renewal rate

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
10% drop is about 2,600?

No. It's a 9% drop, of about 23,000, which amounts to 23,000 x 0.09 = c2,000.
And this figure relates to renewals. In other words, if the club manages to sell c2,000 season tickets, that'll be the same as this season; if they sell more than that, it'll be a higher number.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then give us figures.

Does it matter ? I was agreeing with the point that it's renewals, not new/total sales. FWIW 8 & 3 for sure......and the 3 will still go to games but can't commit to every week

*waits to be told 'not a representative sample'*

Will be interested to see what the total ST sales looks like but even 20,000 is pretty damn good considering.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm one of the 9% but it has nothing to do with the way the team is playing (rough with the smooth and all that) and everything to do with a first child and house move on the way.

I'd be willing to bet that a fair amount of the others who aren't renewing would have similar reasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm one of the 9% but it has nothing to do with the way the team is playing (rough with the smooth and all that) and everything to do with a first child and house move on the way.

I'd be willing to bet that a fair amount of the others who aren't renewing would have similar reasons.

And will probably still attend anyway, on a match-by-match basis.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Inevitable that you'd get a slight drop off from initial numbers. When the stadium was finished, there was such a frenzy of buying, from people desperate to be a part of the experience and afraid they might not be able to get tickets on a match by match basis, that I imagine a fair few bought STs even in the knowledge they might only make ten home games a season. Through living miles away, or working shifts etc.

Now the stadium capacity has expanded, and numbers have settled, it's those types who might not necessarily renew, simply because they are more confident they can get single tickets for games easily enough. It doesn't mean they won't come, or that attendances are going to plummet.

You'll also get new ST holders who might have wanted one previously but who've now found themselves in a position to buy- maybe their financial situation has improved or they've moved closer or changed jobs and have Saturdays free.

I imagine next season's numbers won't be far off this season's in the end.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I didn't renew my 2 season tickets. I was missing too many games because of the midweek fixtures and late changes to the kick-off times. I also fancied sitting somewhere different so I could try a few of the other stands out on a match-by-match basis.

And then I found myself buying a new ST this morning.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Say 50% of those were bought by new people, that's still around a 1,300 person drop?

EDIT: no official match day post yet?

Say 0% and that is a bigger drop.

Say 80% and that's not bad. Say 120% and that's brilliant.

Whaddya say?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disgustingly small season ticket sales for a championship team, we must be bottom of the season ticket sales figures of Championship clubs now. :rolleyes:

Feeling really gloomy and depressed at this terrible news

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't renew my 2 season tickets. I was missing too many games because of the midweek fixtures and late changes to the kick-off times. I also fancied sitting somewhere different so I could try a few of the other stands out on a match-by-match basis.

And then I found myself buying a new ST this morning.

Where did you go for in the end?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
How do our season ticket numbers compare to other teams? We are probably top of our league and doing well against a third of the premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here