Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Betting stats 2011 - 2012

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought I would get back into my betting ( Mainly for fun ), and have noticed from my records that I am :

A) Far more successful at betting on the footy
B ) More successful betting on Albion matches.

My conclusion is that "possibly", being an Albion fan and thus knowing a bit more about Albion than any other team leads me to being able to successfully predict and beat the odds available. Either that or of course it's just blind luck.

For any like minded individuals here are a few stats from last year.

They are not rocket science and 1 season tells you . . . not a great deal but feel free to add any betting related statistics you may have.

Please note Odds all from B365. Therefore prices with other bookies / Betfair could be improved upon.

Amex Home games £10 stake

Back all 23 for Albion win - £230 Staked - Return £237.70 Woo Hoo LOL

Back all to draw - £230 Staked - Return £270 - £40 profit

Back all to away team £ 230 staked - result lose £96

Away games would have resulted in Losing by backing albion to win and also by backing against us. Backing the draw would result in a poor £5 profit. Nothing particularly exciting about any of that, except maybe laying the away team at the Amex.

Half time Bets

Away from home last season, when we were losing at Half time, WE LOST. Will it continue like this ?, May be worth keeping an eye on at least.

At the Amex, in 23 games if it was a draw at HT we ended up drawing or winning, we never lost. Possibly lay the Away team whilst queuing for your pint if it's 0 - 0 at HT ? In addition to this of the 8 times it was a draw at HT we only won 50 percent of those and drew the other 4. Maybe backing the draw ?, or will the new signings ensure more turn to wins ?

We were losing 7 games last season at HT at HOME. we only turned 1 around into victory. We did however draw 3 and lost 3. Read into that what you like.

If you are not bored yet and are still reading . . . .

Scoreline :

Most common scoreline at the Amex was 2 - 0, 5 out of 23 games. Fair odds would have been 4.6 Guaranteed to get much higher than that. 1 seasons worth of stats is not enough for that sort of thing so unlikely that we are a 2 - 0 type of team, if there is such a thing.

I tend to try and compare how we do when the bookmakers have us at particular odds and the following stands out.

At the AMEX, when the odds on us winning with B365 are between 2.01 - 2.50.

This would have been 9 matches last season we drew 5 of those games

Backing the draw in each game for £10 stake would result in a profit of £78, so creeping up towards 100% profit. Compared to all championship matches between these odds where backing the draw would result in a loss of £80 from 1760 staked. That in itself is not too bad when you consider you can get better odds in most cases than the ones I am using.

Anyway, plenty more where they came from, just thought I would share and hope some equally sad folk has some similar statistical nonsense.

I would just reiterate 1 season is not enough, but using stats from Withdean is equally useless now that we are a totally different outfit playing in a higher division in front of 20,000. Hopefully in 5 years we will have more concrete data to work with. HA

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Sorry I stopped reading when I saw the word 'I'.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm crap at football betting. My accumulators rarely come up.

However like you, betting on the Albion I always do rather well. I suppose it helps to have comprehensive knowledge about the team you're betting on.

My biggest win this season came from £10 on Barnes to score 2 or more v Barnsley, although did really well v Burnley with CMS/Brighton wincast and correct score 3-1 coming up. Football is paying for itself this season!

Good effort. Strangely I had us down for 1 - 3 at Burnley as well. 40 / 1. You must have had some great odds for that.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Interesting stuff, couple of thoughts
agree the more you know about the subject the more chance you have of winning be it shares or betting etc
for example when I knew that Virgo was being moved from centre back to centre forward at Leicester Ladbrokes didn't, had him at 33/1 for 1st scorer & didn't have enough money to pay me out until Monday
you say one season is not enough, it is more than enough, matches 30/40 games ago have no relevance towards betting prospects, the more recent any data, the more predictive, to illustrate your recommendation about laying the away side at The Amex using the whole season has 3 losses but more recent data, the 2nd half of the season has just 1 loss (to the champions)...so 1 in last 14 v profitable lay of away
Away it may be that last seasons stat can be ditched, too nervous & defending til HT then losing at FT happened too often but the brakes may be off with Bridge & Bruno so it may be that only the last two away games have any relevance, so may be time to act before bookies catch on?
Be lucky

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting stuff, couple of thoughts
agree the more you know about the subject the more chance you have of winning be it shares or betting etc
for example when I knew that Virgo was being moved from centre back to centre forward at Leicester Ladbrokes didn't, had him at 33/1 for 1st scorer & didn't have enough money to pay me out until Monday
you say one season is not enough, it is more than enough, matches 30/40 games ago have no relevance towards betting prospects, the more recent any data, the more predictive, to illustrate your recommendation about laying the away side at The Amex using the whole season has 3 losses but more recent data, the 2nd half of the season has just 1 loss (to the champions)...so 1 in last 14 v profitable lay of away
Away it may be that last seasons stat can be ditched, too nervous & defending til HT then losing at FT happened too often but the brakes may be off with Bridge & Bruno so it may be that only the last two away games have any relevance, so may be time to act before bookies catch on?
Be lucky

Interesting that Vegas. I am certainly looking at a couple of Albion related bets at the moment and your more recent results relating to form are indeed important. I guess it depends what you are betting on.

For example I took the last 10 years championship stats to give broad averages for scorelines. Basically used these along with bookies match win odds to give indication to fair odds. One thing it shows is just how good the bookies prices are most of the time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I shall still be using my 5+ goals v Barnsley winnings, on 50-1 Bruno goals.

Plus a little tickle on the cycling World Champs.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Calderon First Goalscorer was the bet after Christmas last season. Tremendous odds. The bookies are numpties when it comes to first goalscorers in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here