Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion are in safe hands?

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Reading the argus today, seems like the Albion are happy to stick with Ankergren and Brezovan as our main keepers.
I would like to see us bring in a new keeper and maybe keep Brezovan as a back up. We do need to strengthen in this department surely.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
To be honest both keepers are OK for this level. Not brilliant but not too dicey either. If I was Gus I'd be prioritising other areas, maybe making an opportunist move if the right keeper became available.

If we pushed on and got a Premiership place then obviously it would be a different story the following season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally have no issue with either keeper and they are easy to get loaned in if required.

The outfield is clearly the priority

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Safe hands Charlie? You've got to be joking?

To be honest both keepers are OK for this level. Not brilliant but not too dicey either. If I was Gus I'd be prioritising other areas, maybe making an opportunist move if the right keeper became available.

If we pushed on and got a Premiership place then obviously it would be a different story the following season.

Funniest thing I've read all week. These two jokers cost us at least 12 points last season. Apart from the Irish keeper Barry Lloyd signed and the Sweaty Sock Smith, these two are the worst keepers I've seen play for Brighton and I've been watching them for 41 years.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who saw Ankergren at Coventry would not think he is OK for this division.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Brez was fine apart from a few cock ups which happen with any keeper, he saved us a few times too this season, decent keeper who will get better after his 1st championship season. Goals are what we need, but that's down to the style of play as much as the strikers.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Personally have no issue with either keeper and they are easy to get loaned in if required.

The outfield is clearly the priority

The spine of the team is absolutely vital. We have the CB's and Bridcutt in place, we just need someone else to work with Liam and a solid Goalkeeper to rely on for the season. Not chopping and changing around when one makes a mistake and bringing in short term loan players.

Really think a GK should be near the top of Gus' list.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The spine of the team is absolutely vital. We have the CB's and Bridcutt in place, we just need someone else to work with Liam and a solid Goalkeeper to rely on for the season. Not chopping and changing around when one makes a mistake and bringing in short term loan players.

Really think a GK should be near the top of Gus' list.

Yup,a new GK is well up my personal list of priorities...........can't seriously believe it isn't Gus's as well!
We shall just wait and see,but if the club are happy with Brez and Casper why did they get Gonzalez in?(and out !!!!!!)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yup,a new GK is well up my personal list of priorities...........can't seriously believe it isn't Gus's as well!
We shall just wait and see,but if the club are happy with Brez and Casper why did they get Gonzalez in?(and out !!!!!!)

I'm sure it is on Gus' list. As said on the other threads, it's pretty much a non story by the Argus to fill some column inches. Charlie is always going to support the existing squad players, but by no means does that suggest Gus isn't looking for someone else. They can't really come out and say that they are "definitely going to sign a new GK", in case things go pear shaped and it doesn't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here