Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion alternative revenue strings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Send El Abd into Brighton Fri/Sat night on match days.

Have him going round the pubs, clubs, restaurant, hotels and B&B's demanding people pony up a percentage of the extra cash all these people are making off The AMEX.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
£3 for wifi looks quite cheap compared to airports and hotels.

I'd definately buy a sandwich outside the ground mind. I was also surprised that some of the stadium wasn't leased to a supermarket metro or something. Especially with the university next door.

I really don't know the area to be honest.

But one thing I don't like the Amex is the lack of anything much outside.

I know there isn't much space but I'd happily buy a coffee and a sandwich before going in.

Last edited:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Have a hot drinks stand by the queue for the train. With everyone freezing their knackers off on cold Tuesday nights they could probably make quite a bit out of that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I doubt they'd be able to undercut the student bars, plus it's a bit of a walk. Offering something Falmer campus doesn't offer would be good, but I can't think what right now. Maybe go-kart racing in the huge unused car park from Monday - Friday.

No it ISN'T a bit of a walk. There's loads of student accomodation at Brighton uni and 0 bars.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Celebrity poker nights could be a cracking idea. TB, Des Lynam, Fatboy Slim, all heading up a table each. £1000 buy in, tickets available to watch the games at £10.

Maybe we should looking at getting boxing in the Amex during the off-season.

A poker night that has TB and other people connected to the club playing would be awesome although perhaps better if it was open to everyone to play. Wouldn't be that great to watch when you can't see the cards. Probably a bit complicated with gambling laws though?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really? Can't imagine why you'd ever go to a hotel for only 2 hours. Except perhaps for illicit purposes. Then why would you want wifi?

I wouldn't buy it but people quite obviously do.

Have you seen the price of it on a train ?

Dec 29, 2011
No it ISN'T a bit of a walk. There's loads of student accomodation at Brighton uni and 0 bars.

Ah to be fair I was talking about Sussex un, Brighton uni doesn't exist in my mind :blush: 15% student discount monday - Friday in Dicks Bar for all students. Sounds like the original poster has a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here