Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion alternative revenue strings.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
OK before anyone shoots me down and shouts 'don't we spend enough'. This is only thrown out there for a bit of fun.

What could we introduce at The Amex as a new revenue stream to help boost profit?. I am thinking about things not already done at other clubs. We obviously still don't have a gaming licence as you can't place a bet. What else is there?

Over to you. Oh and no we can't have a strip joint out the back of Dicks bar.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Night club,Health club,spas,internet shopping lounge,variation and colour is required,perhaps an ice rink and an hotel,even the pitch could be used for park and ride..

Switch the lights out after 8pm

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wifi at the Amex. £3 per match.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ask for £10+ donations for a Bring Bobby Home campaign.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There seems to be a new sponsor of the giant screen and highlights package. When the team was announced yesterday Brighton & Hove Independant came up first and I noticed they are splashed across the screen in the extended highlights of the game, this evening.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wi Fi might well be coming with the Android app trials but £3 a match,unless it included a free matchday program download would be bloody expensive.

I think they would have to give some 'freebies' away, although not a match programme as that would eat into sales. It might include some in-game guide that include some inside info such as Gus' comment on the controversial penalty in the 16th minute, while the game is in play (obviously run past a press officer before going online).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Surely with the uni on the doorstep, there must be a way of getting the students there to use the club facilities on non match days, maybe they need to offer student discounted prices in Dicks bar as an alternative place they can go for food / drink. If its open already, surely extra turnover with a smaller profit would be better than paying for staff and the place being under used.

Dec 29, 2011
Surely with the uni on the doorstep, there must be a way of getting the students there to use the club facilities on non match days, maybe they need to offer student discounted prices in Dicks bar as an alternative place they can go for food / drink. If its open already, surely extra turnover with a smaller profit would be better than paying for staff and the place being under used.

I doubt they'd be able to undercut the student bars, plus it's a bit of a walk. Offering something Falmer campus doesn't offer would be good, but I can't think what right now. Maybe go-kart racing in the huge unused car park from Monday - Friday.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Sandwiches - large mark up possible,quick turnaround and no cooking costs. Also 3 beers for a tenner offer and pre poured beers for half time from a designated non food kiosk - a beer that has been standing for 10 minutes is fine

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Matchday betting outlets should be good for a nice wedge. You'd think that TB would have sorted out the aforementioned by now - given his MO; business acumen; & current operating losses. ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Matchday betting outlets should be good for a nice wedge. You'd think that TB would have sorted out the aforementioned by now - given his MO; business acumen; & current operating losses. ???

Didn't Amex veto betting outlets when they go the naming rights?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

I've heard different things about the gaming.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Jimmy boy 69

Nov 24, 2012
Brighton
OK before anyone shoots me down and shouts 'don't we spend enough'. This is only thrown out there for a bit of fun.

What could we introduce at The Amex as a new revenue stream to help boost profit?. I am thinking about things not already done at other clubs. We obviously still don't have a gaming licence as you can't place a bet. What else is there?

Over to you. Oh and no we can't have a strip joint out the back of Dicks bar.

A lot more concerts from spring to autumn

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Not sure TB. 'Seems rather strange to me if that were the case (although no doubt somebody ITK on 'ere will pop some flesh on the ol' gambling-sitch bones).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here