Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Ale

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm sure the Harveys shop in Lewes by the brewery would sell Albion Ale.

And while your there, get a bottle of the Christmas Ale, a very tasty beer at 7.5%

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I think it's one of the most unpleasant ales I've ever had. But I just lurrrrrrrrrrve the bottle.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
always thought the club shop is missing a trick by not selling Albion Ale, Dark Star and piglets pies ready for cooking. I'd also like to see Dark Star and Harveys branded clothing in there to supplement all the other Albion related merchandise.

I'm guessing it would be a bit of a hassle having to obtain an off premises licence. Think about it, Brighton v Palace, and numpty nigels are buying bottles of hooch from our club shop and then luzzing the bottles off the footbridge. Massive shame though, cos I want some. And I agree about selling the Dark Star merch in the club shop - my favorite item of clothing is my huuuge DS hoodie.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Harvey's make a big thing on their brewery tours of the fact they don't supply any pubs more than 50 miles from Lewes (apart from one in Copenhagen) as they are at full capacity - more than 90% of their production is that vile Sussex Best shit. They've just started a microbrewery so hopefully some decent small batch beers on the way. Dark Star are launching a microbrewery (in the cellar of the Welly in Shoreham) early 2013 too. Fingers crossed for some interesting beers from both rather than dull shit like Best/Hophead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Harvey's make a big thing on their brewery tours of the fact they don't supply any pubs more than 50 miles from Lewes (apart from one in Copenhagen) as they are at full capacity - more than 90% of their production is that vile Sussex Best shit. They've just started a microbrewery so hopefully some decent small batch beers on the way. Dark Star are launching a microbrewery (in the cellar of the Welly in Shoreham) early 2013 too. Fingers crossed for some interesting beers from both rather than dull shit like Best/Hophead.

This is my problem with Harvey's, the Best stuff is pretty average when kept well and usually is as dull as ditchwater. If I could try some of the other brews that are fresh and well kept I might feel differently. Rarely do I have a poor pint of any Dark Star brew although I do find some of the uber hopped beers a tad unpallateble.

as an aside, I think we are due for the return of the excellent Milk Chocolate Stout soon !

topdollar

Mar 5, 2009
I was going to start a thread about an ale I have found, but as this is ale related.
Got a selection of M&S ales from a friend for my recent birthday.
One was called Sussex Golden Ale, brewed by Hepworths brewery, Horsham. First mouthful, wow, trust me it is delicious, got more in for Mad. If you drink ale try it, or has anyone already.
Made me think that Harveys and Dark Star get all the publicity yet this brewery is making this nectar.
Anyone a fan of Hepworths ales. All I know is that the head brewer from Greene King took it over.
Treat yourself.
I think you will find that Andy Hepworth was one of the brewers from king and Barnes, as was ray welton who also beds beer in Horsham.

topdollar

Mar 5, 2009
I was going to start a thread about an ale I have found, but as this is ale related.
One was called Sussex Golden Ale, brewed by Hepworths brewery, Horsham. First mouthful, wow, trust me it is delicious, got more in for Mad. If you drink ale try it, or has anyone already.
Made me think that Harveys and Dark Star get all the publicity yet this brewery is making this nectar.
Anyone a fan of Hepworths ales. All I know is that the head brewer from Greene King took it over.
Treat yourself.
I think you will find that Andy Hepworth was one of the brewers from king and Barnes, as was ray welton who also beds beer in Horsham.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

All three current Horsham breweries (Hepworth, Welton's, WJ King and co) were born out of the ashes of K&B I believe. Just been in Harvey's shop and for people who were asking earlier in the thread, yeah they sell Albion Ale, £1.99 (plus 8p deposit for bottle) for 500ml. Shop open 11-3 tomorrow, 9-4.30 Monday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All three current Horsham breweries (Hepworth, Welton's, WJ King and co) were born out of the ashes of K&B I believe. Just been in Harvey's shop and for people who were asking earlier in the thread, yeah they sell Albion Ale, £1.99 (plus 8p deposit for bottle) for 500ml. Shop open 11-3 tomorrow, 9-4.30 Monday.

Not so sure that is correct about Weltons as I used to, unofficially, buy from them when they had a place in Dorking in the late 80s wasn't K & B still in operation and brewing then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tried The Grape and Brain in Haywards Heath and Southdowns Cellars in Lindfield neither have the Albion Ale. Grape and Grain said it is the same beer as The Blue Label Souhdowns Cellars said they had one delivery but have been unable to get any more since, and that was ages ago, so perhaps Harveys have stopped bottling it.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Treat yourself.

My local M &S has it on offer at ' 6 for the price of 5 ' but they've only got 5 bottles in stock. Got 2 sitting at home waitng to be opened having had 1 already.

I shall go there this evening and make sure their stock goes down to nil before someone else can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here