Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion after Forster and Tann

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Fortser is 33, and although he probably has 2 possibly 3 years left they are not at Championship level. So, if he really wants to move South then we must be in with a really good shout. If we cant attract him now and he goes somewhere like Orient/Gillingham, then we really are up against it.

I wouldn't read too much into Tann. Remember this is all paper talk and in any case there are always back ups if your target fails (or at least there should be). I would say that Whing is our target and again we should be in there with a great chance, esp as he said that he really wanted to stay here.

I hope this isn't just talk though to whip up support for season tickets. One thing is for sure, where these two targets end up will show where our ambition lies.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My mate is an Orient fan and emailed me last week saying his mate was bored and starting false transfer rumours to see how many would make local papers.

One was Tann to Brighton.

Looks like Naylor has been HAD.

Unless it is a massive coincidence of course..

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Forster would be a good experienced striker if we could get him.

Also I spoke to Stuart Murdoch once a few years ago when he was Wimbledon/MK Dons manager and he seemed like a really nice bloke. I Didn't know he used to be a goalkeeper though. Again would be good if we could get him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Forster is a good player, but I'm guessing we'd have to pay a fee, which is a big gamble on a 34 year old with a history of injuries.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Richie Morris said:
My mate is an Orient fan and emailed me last week saying his mate was bored and starting false transfer rumours to see how many would make local papers.

One was Tann to Brighton.

Looks like Naylor has been HAD.

Unless it is a massive coincidence of course..

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Silent Bob said:
Forster is a good player, but I'm guessing we'd have to pay a fee, which is a big gamble on a 34 year old with a history of injuries.....

Yeah my thoughts entirely. There has to be a better option than this. If this is the strength of our ambition then god help us.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Well he played on close for 40 games last season (according to soccerbase), scoring 7 goals. So he wasn't injury prone last year.

Championship level is above him now, but at this level I dont see the problem.

I think he would be a very good addition. Put it this way, we aren't in the hunt for Shevchenko or even Billy Sharp, so we have to set our sights accordingly.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Scotty Mac said:
prepare to be once again disapointed

yeah and if we do get them you will still find something to moan about

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Silent Bob said:

same thing was said about ben burgess re injuries but he did not turn out too bad for blackpool who were prepared to take the gamble, if we have chance of forster and turn it down then guarantee we will be the losers.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
humpy said:
same thing was said about ben burgess re injuries but he did not turn out too bad for blackpool who were prepared to take the gamble, if we have chance of forster and turn it down then guarantee we will be the losers.
Burgess has been rubbish for Blackpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here