Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion accounts 2021/22

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thank you Very interesting. I maybe one of few that find these a little depressing.. Unbelievable that even with an income of £174m we would have lost £25m ish if we had not sold players and that is with 2nd lowest wage bill. Looks like now need £200m plus to be comfortable but how do you get there.
Whilst a few clubs have 60k crowds it is still small % of there income. So Where does there extra income come from ? Is it huge sponsorship compared to us ?
Yes

1679641128415.png

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
This is the bit that’s always intrigued me, the sheer disparity between the top 6 and the rest. We all get the same TV money (for PL at least) so it must be where the global exposure/fan base really comes into play. What do you think Bloom and Barber’s key aims and next steps might be to at least push us more towards Villa & Leicester’s sort of number even if anything beyond that is simply unattainable?

EDIT: the disparity even just within the top 6 is a bit mad, eg. City twice as much as Arsenal.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Loving every moment of the season but maybe one of few who find the A/Cs a little sad. I find it incredible that despite income of £174m we would have lost £20m plus if had not sold £60m plus of players.
Looks like only way forward to compete without selling players is to increase our income to £250m plus which many do... Gate receipts are a small % so where do other clubs get this extra income. Is it just greater sponsorship income
Champions League Football

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
This is the bit that’s always intrigued me, the sheer disparity between the top 6 and the rest. We all get the same TV money (for PL at least) so it must be where the global exposure/fan base really comes into play. What do you think Bloom and Barber’s key aims and next steps might be to at least push us more towards Villa & Leicester’s sort of number even if anything beyond that is simply unattainable?

EDIT: the disparity even just within the top 6 is a bit mad, eg. City twice as much as Arsenal.
helps when your sponsors are linked to the owners

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Sorry for bumping this thread but I wasnt ure where to put this.

Is this Tony Bloom converting the loan to build the Amex stadium (which was due to be paid back in 2023) into shares?

Sorry I cant get link to work on comapanies house there is a cs01 statement that seems to say something is happening to over £95m of shares in Brighton and hove albion holdings ltd.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A couple of things;
The Tony Bloom net investment of £499 m makes the rest of it look like unimportant detail.
Timing; 2021/22 accounts published early 2023 and yet it is the accounts that are used for assessment of compliance with FFP….which is where we are in the Chelsea debate.
Football is a joke.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry for bumping this thread but I wasnt ure where to put this.

Is this Tony Bloom converting the loan to build the Amex stadium (which was due to be paid back in 2023) into shares?

Sorry I cant get link to work on comapanies house there is a cs01 statement that seems to say something is happening to over £95m of shares in Brighton and hove albion holdings ltd.

No it's not. Clubs are obliged to give an annual update of their shareholder details, and this is simply confirming that there have been no changes in the last 12 months, which suggests TB has kept his loans as before in terms of converting into shares.

Could there have been some cash repayments (or further loans from Sir Tony) in the last 12 months? Possibly.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No it's not. Clubs are obliged to give an annual update of their shareholder details, and this is simply confirming that there have been no changes in the last 12 months, which suggests TB has kept his loans as before in terms of converting into shares.

Could there have been some cash repayments (or further loans from Sir Tony) in the last 12 months? Possibly.
Thank you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of things;
The Tony Bloom net investment of £499 m makes the rest of it look like unimportant detail.
Timing; 2021/22 accounts published early 2023 and yet it is the accounts that are used for assessment of compliance with FFP….which is where we are in the Chelsea debate.
Football is a joke.
A post better served elsewhere

Jul 27, 2020
Hove

EDIT: the disparity even just within the top 6 is a bit mad, eg. City twice as much as Arsenal
Controversially, City’s figure is massively enhanced due to income through Abu Dhabi or Middle East sponsors etc. Another case of financial doping

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here