Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion about to be discussed on 5 live

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Loved the ending of that, was like Rik talking to Viv in the Young Ones............"your in t'rouble.........!!!!"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So basically, Gus was the Redknapp of the Championship when it came to wages?

Next season, we're loose :moo:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Actually I don't think people think that...some are just trying to offer an alternative view to the current fashion of all things Poyet are bad....the momentum is with the Poyet bashers...I'm more interested in what comes next so I can look forward to watching some football come August

I have seen a few comments on here claiming he is 'the best manager in our history' which is quite simply untrue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just because that's the story Gus spun does not mean it's true...I've always said that the like's of TK, Saltor, Vicente, Lopez, Orlandi, Cms, Ulloa didn't come here on 10k less than they could have got somewhere else. It's just not true that we under pay players, do people think they are bloody crazy? Yeah let's turn down 10k to go and play for Poyet!!!!!...get real, It didn't happen. We match anyone in this league on wages, if you don't believe that your deluded and almost certainly in the Gus is god camp.

Barry Fry (father of CMS' partner) confirmed that he turned down higher wages elsewhere to play for Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here