Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion about to be discussed on 5 live

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Did mcgarry say that?

Is his first name Ian?

He was introduced as having connections with Tony Bloom, which should be taken in to consideration.

But I agree with what he says, Poyet has been successful, but, he has been backed by one of the league’s best chairmen. He’s had the money and support in terms of control. Then he says what he says on Monday after the game when he should have said stuff like: 'planning for next year or we will come back stronger', even if it was total bollocks. Poyets has shown a real lack of respect for Bloom the employer and Brighton and Hove Albion the football club.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Summary:
+ Gary Dicker insistent poogate was nothing to do with the players or coaching staff who were in the players lounge for several hours before the game, eating etc.
+ Some bellend from Redhill thinks Brighton should be docked points, Dicker disagrees.
+ He thinks it's strange that the chairman dealt with contracts rather than Poyet.
+ Ian McGarry says Bloom has backed Poyet more than any other chairman has backed any other manager in the division.
+ Claridge says we're upwardly mobile and that Poyet seems to have pushed too far, worrying about himself rather than the club.
+ Motty says something high pitched and incomprehensible but remains bafflingly a national treasure.
+ Claridge talks over everyone else for four or five minutes in extremely basic English: "Look, the thing is, if you say, if you make, let's, shall we say, a sentence, that isn't coming across like it should be...you know?" No Steve. No we don't. Shut up and get your ****ing barnet sorted.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Summary:
+ Gary Dicker insistent poogate was nothing to do with the players or coaching staff who were in the players lounge for several hours before the game, eating etc.
+ Some bellend from Redhill thinks Brighton should be docked points, Dicker disagrees.
+ He thinks it's strange that the chairman dealt with contracts rather than Poyet.
+ Ian McGarry says Bloom has backed Poyet more than any other chairman has backed any other manager in the division.
+ Claridge says we're upwardly mobile and that Poyet seems to have pushed too far, worrying about himself rather than the club.
+ Motty says something high pitched and incomprehensible but remains bafflingly a national treasure.
+ Claridge talks over everyone else for four or five minutes in extremely basic English: "Look, the thing is, if you say, if you make, let's, shall we say, a sentence, that isn't coming across like it should be...you know?" No Steve. No we don't. Shut up and get your ****ing barnet sorted.

British broadcasting at it's finest then

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think the definative comment was " maybe he hasnt had his mind totally on Brighton for the last couple of months"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sorry, that really isn't true. There is no point in rewriting history just to slag off Gus. Mackay at Cardiff got a lot more backing, Leicester have spent significant money and all three relegated teams had much higher wage bills and Blackburn spent £8 million on Rhodes. I'm not criticising the club because we need to be careful not to spend too much but to say Gus was the most backed manager in the Championship is rubbish.

Just because that's the story Gus spun does not mean it's true...I've always said that the like's of TK, Saltor, Vicente, Lopez, Orlandi, Cms, Ulloa didn't come here on 10k less than they could have got somewhere else. It's just not true that we under pay players, do people think they are bloody crazy? Yeah let's turn down 10k to go and play for Poyet!!!!!...get real, It didn't happen. We match anyone in this league on wages, if you don't believe that your deluded and almost certainly in the Gus is god camp.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A very dim and ill informed Poyet, spokesperson, Dicker ..... talked a lot of garbage, about TB being the one that decided he wasn't good enough (just because TB was the one who had the break the news)

Dicker was patently NOT good enough to be part of promotion winning squad, and deservedly just a bit part player under Gus this season. Gus and TB would have worked out some weeks ago who had to be released.

Hard luck Dicker. You were brilliant in League One, but could rarely cut the mustard at Championshipe level.

Claridge, McGarry and Motson were great. They cut through that crap, and praised the generosity and strength of Bloom in taking us so far in such a short time. Outrageous that Gus told the media and players that he may not stay, before he told his employers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Summary:

brilliant

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Sorry, that really isn't true. There is no point in rewriting history just to slag off Gus. Mackay at Cardiff got a lot more backing, Leicester have spent significant money and all three relegated teams had much higher wage bills and Blackburn spent £8 million on Rhodes. I'm not criticising the club because we need to be careful not to spend too much but to say Gus was the most backed manager in the Championship is rubbish.

Bloom has pretty much given Poyet free reign to mold the club as he sees fit, from players to stadium to training ground. Not many managers get that much input

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Summary:

LOL [as the young folk say] :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Best backed with regards to what we had to start with, you can't argue with that after he spent over £100 million on a stadium. To give us a competitive budget after spending that much is incredible and we still have the training ground costs to come.

But look where he started off from compared to most championship managers. I'm not criticising Tony Bloom and his investment in the club as it is amazing but I do think that a lot of people seem to be turning on Gus when we don't know the full truth. As far as I'm concerned, he did a great job but shouldn't have said what he said last Monday. If it is true that he hasn't had his mind on the job over the last few months (and I doubt it is), then it is right he should go now and we get someone fully committed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Cracking work. Made me laugh out loud.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But look where he started off from compared to most championship managers. I'm not criticising Tony Bloom and his investment in the club as it is amazing but I do think that a lot of people seem to be turning on Gus when we don't know the full truth. As far as I'm concerned, he did a great job but shouldn't have said what he said last Monday. If it is true that he hasn't had his mind on the job over the last few months (and I doubt it is), then it is right he should go now and we get someone fully committed.

The fact is that nobody knows anything and all we can do is speculate until there is an announcement.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just because that's the story Gus spun does not mean it's true...I've always said that the like's of TK, Saltor, Vicente, Lopez, Orlandi, Cms, Ulloa didn't come here on 10k less than they could have got somewhere else. It's just not true that we under pay players, do people think they are bloody crazy? Yeah let's turn down 10k to go and play for Poyet!!!!!...get real, It didn't happen. We match anyone in this league on wages, if you don't believe that your deluded and almost certainly in the Gus is god camp.

Exactly.

We may not have the money of the carefully selected and quoted Cardiff, Leicester, and parachute payment Blackburn, but compared to most clubs come season 12/13, very generous 5-figure wages per week were being paid to Bridge, CMS, Upson, Ulloa, David, Kuzschk, Orlandi, Vicente.

A wage bill 40% higher than Wembley-bound CPFC's in 11/12, and since then upped considerably shows the financial support the club, fans and TB gave to Poyet, yet he still wasn't satisfied. Others like Holloway, Jackett and Powell, just get on with their job, and leave money talk to behind closed doors.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Backing isn't just financial, he was over indulged with his repeated statements about wanting to manage other clubs; non of the other Championship managers kept being so disloyal

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I'm not in the Gus is god camp. I am trying to take a rational view unlike most on here. Do you genuinely believe that any of those teams have a lower wage bill than us?

I would say it is your ridiculous hatred of Gus that is affecting your view. Seeing as you decided you wanted him out months ago, it shouldn't be a surprise.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Completely agree. Some people on here seem to think Gus has made us rise from the ashes, he has done a decent job but he has had very good financial backing all along. Anyone who thinks he's been 'the best manager in decades' obviously believes Gus's own hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here