Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Why only £100 for the travel element? If there are four of you shouldn't you be paying £200?

Unless you get complimentary carers passes into the ground at the clubs expense, in which case you are costing the club a lot of lost revenue already. It's a business at the end of the day. Just be grateful the club are looking after the disabled fans. I bet that doesn't happen at every club.

What I meant is as car we are paying £180.00 for car park already plus the club want us to pay £100 for travel as part of season tickets.
2x senior £25.00 each and 1x£50.00 total £100. Carer dosent have to pay travel. So we as a family are paying £280.00 and £100.00 that we are paying for something we will never use

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What I meant is as car we are paying £180.00 for car park already plus the club want us to pay £100 for travel as part of season tickets.
2x senior £25.00 each and 1x£50.00 total £100. Carer dosent have to pay travel. So we as a family are paying £280.00 and £100.00 that we are paying for something we will never use

You use the stadium, and its the club that have to pay as part of the planning permission. All they have done is include it in everyone's ticket. I take it you travel to the car park, the surrounding roads were improved and paid for by Brighton, the same for the paths that lead to the ground.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You use the stadium, and its the club that have to pay as part of the planning permission. All they have done is include it in everyone's ticket. I take it you travel to the car park, the surrounding roads were improved and paid for by Brighton, the same for the paths that lead to the ground.

yes and thats what we pay the £180.00 for. Other fans aren't asked to pay for car parks that they don't use!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
yes and thats what we pay the £180.00 for. Other fans aren't asked to pay for car parks that they don't use!

You already get reduced rates and yet you still moan. The whole infrastructure around the ground had to be improved and its only right that everyone pays for that. The price you pay for the car parks has nothing to do with it, they are rented from the UNi and the council and therefore you are meeting that cost, as you do not know what Brighton are being charged for that, you can hardly say that you are paying for something you do not use. For example you pay £180 for parking a car at the uni,how do you know that the club are not charged more per car

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You already get reduced rates and yet you still moan. The whole infrastructure around the ground had to be improved and its only right that everyone pays for that. The price you pay for the car parks has nothing to do with it, they are rented from the UNi and the council and therefore you are meeting that cost, as you do not know what Brighton are being charged for that, you can hardly say that you are paying for something you do not use. For example you pay £180 for parking a car at the uni,how do you know that the club are not charged more per car
We don't park at the Uni so that costs the club nothing! We park on the land that the club own so therefore we are paying the club! Would you pay for something that you don't use?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

To stop the whinging, those whinning of paying double can park at Mill Road, or Mithras/Cockcroft, for 'free' and bus up.

There's more to life than arrogantly 'needing' to drive up close to your destination, then complaining about the extra cost.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
This.

To stop the whinging, those whinning of paying double can park at Mill Road, or Mithras/Cockcroft, for 'free' and bus up.

There's more to life than arrogantly 'needing' to drive up close to your destination, then complaining about the extra cost.

The need as you put it is because my mother is disabled and in a wheelchair. That is the only "need" and reason we park there. I would prefer and so would my mother that she could use a bus or train. Lets hope you never have to deal with a relative that was perfectly able bodied and now needs to use a wheelchair because they are crippled with arthritis.
Some people need to put their brains into gear before they start typing shit on here. All I said is we are happy to pay for travel and £180.00 is fair and we are happy to pay that but NOT for something we CANT use because of a wheechair user.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The need as you put it is because my mother is disabled and in a wheelchair. That is the only "need" and reason we park there. I would prefer and so would my mother that she could use a bus or train. Lets hope you never have to deal with a relative that was perfectly able bodied and now needs to use a wheelchair because they are crippled with arthritis.
Some people need to put their brains into gear before they start typing shit on here. All I said is we are happy to pay for travel and £180.00 is fair and we are happy to pay that but NOT for something we CANT use because of a wheechair user.

I would give up as clearly every one is happy with being ripped off with the travel tax

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We don't park at the Uni so that costs the club nothing! We park on the land that the club own so therefore we are paying the club! Would you pay for something that you don't use?

Barber made a point in his ticket pricing interview about the £50 going towards everything from bus and train to walkways and junction improvements ie everyone uses something as everyone has to get to the ground one way or another.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
FFP does appear to be used as an reason to increase prices. Not directed at this club but football in general.

I would imagine it was designed to curb overspending. We all know what the problem in the industry is but the clubs and authorities appear to shy away from solving it.

The market rate excuse is nonsense. The same ones the banks were using.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This.

Some of us work until last moment and if we didnt drive up close (not that i do every game..in fact maybe 3 or 4 times a season) then we wouldnt get to the game...so maybe you should consider them rather than just referring to them as arrogant

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

You are doing it again, read on

What about the drivers, walkers, cyclists, short-distance travellers ?

I think Mr. Barber covers that in this quote:
I am well aware that some fans do not believe they should have to pay the travel subsidy, because they do not use the train or bus services to the stadium on matchdays but the travel subsidy is not just about trains and buses.
Our travel commitment included building new road junctions, developing and hiring car parks, providing cycle routes and cycle parking and improving footpaths. The travel plan also provides for club stewarding for many of these different modes of transport.

Forget about the cost of parking in the club car park.that's more about keeping the amount of people driving to the ground down, and that's the point you are missing. If people who park their cars do not pay the travel subsidy, then more people would want to park at the ground, your question about paying for something you do not use is irrelevant as you do use the roads to approach the ground. The club pay and then passes a fraction of the cost onto us. If you do not like it, then do not go, and FYI trains and buses do cater for wheel chairs.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would give up as clearly every one is happy with being ripped off with the travel tax

Nobody is being forced to buy tickets, the club have told you the cost for next season and set out why. You are only being ripped off if you feel that your are not getting value for your money. Bliss is everything.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

not having a knock. If I read it right you are paying full whack for your carpark ticket when you qualify for half price/disability rate. Speak to the club for next season and at least you might feel a bit better about your outlay. FWIW I can understand people who drive and pay club parking feeling a bit miffed just as someone who cycles or walks might also be a little aggrieved. The answer is of course that we all bear the burden whether we use the travel service or not. Ultimately our "sacrifice" is matched twofold by the club. I am never sure whether as a PR exercise separating out the travel element (transparency?) is better than showing one all inclusive price. For certain the club are damned whichever way they portray it.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Sounds like you need to get your brain into gear. And yes, people are allowed to disagree with you.

The seven figure sum being spent on transport, and the £8m losses, have got to be met.

Everyone has to pay for this, not TB.

The invalidity issue would affect only a tiny minority of followers using the Uni or Bennetts, and is something you should take up with the club.

The vast majority of those walling from their Bennetts or Uni cars are perfectly able, have made it their choice to pay for parking closer to the ground, and are having to cough up in addition to assist in the simples and cheapest method possible of reducing these vast losses.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some of us work until last moment and if we didnt drive up close (not that i do every game..in fact maybe 3 or 4 times a season) then we wouldnt get to the game...so maybe you should consider them rather than just referring to them as arrogant

That's fine if you are not complaining about part of your ticket price these days assisting further in covering the huge transport costs.

If a problem about the small increment, Mithras and Cockcroft are 5 minutes down the Lewes Road, and you can be bused up the final stage.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sounds like you need to get your brain into gear. And yes, people are allowed to disagree with you.

The seven figure sum being spent on transport, and the £8m losses, have got to be met.

Everyone has to pay for this, not TB.

The invalidity issue would affect only a tiny minority of followers using the Uni or Bennetts, and is something you should take up with the club.

The vast majority of those walling from their Bennetts or Uni cars are perfectly able, have made it their choice to pay for parking closer to the ground, and are having to cough up in addition to assist in the simples and cheapest method possible of reducing these vast losses.

This.

The able bodied, ie 95% of close parkers, have decided to park close to the ground, and pay more.

They now have to pay additionally like everyone else in further covering the transport losses in the simplest form possible.

If anyone has a problem with that cost who is able bodied, change mode of transport.

not having a knock. If I read it right you are paying full whack for your carpark ticket when you qualify for half price/disability rate. Speak to the club for next season and at least you might feel a bit better about your outlay. FWIW I can understand people who drive and pay club parking feeling a bit miffed just as someone who cycles or walks might also be a little aggrieved. The answer is of course that we all bear the burden whether we use the travel service or not. Ultimately our "sacrifice" is matched twofold by the club. I am never sure whether as a PR exercise separating out the travel element (transparency?) is better than showing one all inclusive price. For certain the club are damned whichever way they portray it.

But the full price for a car parking pass this season is £270; reduced from £360 last season to take account of the £30 travel levy and assuming three occupants per car. I have no idea where this poster gets the £180 figure from, unless it's the 50% reduced disability rate from last season being (mis)quoted? Btw, the P&R and car parking etc projections in the various planning applications are based on an occupancy of 2.7 per car so I think this "3" is just rounding.

I have a annual permit for UoS CP5 due to my disability and, purely personally speaking, I find the idea of a reduced rate for disabled supporters as rather demeaning, even patronising. It's all about equality of treatment and making the stadium accessible for the disabled, how does a half price parking pass contribute to this ffs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here