Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do for me, great value, my North ticket £20 a game. When you think what we've paid at some of the shitholes we've been to over the last few years, Ipswich £35, Palarse £34 or whatever. Obviously if we were to go up then we could probably add another 50% at least, would I pay £30 to see us in the prem? f***ing too right :)

Please don't post shit like that, some one from the club might read it. A 50% increase would make it unaffordable for many and it would already go up to £24 a game in the prem due to there being less games.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Unfortunately there will always be edge cases. In the extreme scenario, people with neighbouring seats, literally, will be paying different prices.

I do wonder if consideration was given to charging more to those at the front of WSU compared to those further back.

Yes, but a in between block would soften the difference somewhat. Agree the front few row of WSU should be very near premium seat prices.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As much as i love my football i will not overspend my hard earned money when i have a young family, IMO they will lose quite a few STH, i will be taking some considerable thought over the increase while watching the match today and see if i have the faith in Gus to shell out more for next season or just go to the odd game instead.

No one is asking you to and I completely disagree, I don't think we'll lose many at all.

Look at it this way have one less pint a month on a match day and you've covered the increase.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well there aren't any wings prices, because I pay £575 this and £625 next, same as the whole East upper.

Maybe.

The diagram attached illustrates what I'm saying though...

The club's pricing chart for zone C includes reference to East Stand, yet there is no zone C colour shading on the stadium diagram, so either the diagram is wrong or the price chart is wrong.

Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 09.19.49.png

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Increase seems ok to me.

Can someone explain this to me though. Barber's comment:
“The club’s direct debit facility is very popular but supporters are reminded it is in effect an unsecured, interest free loan the club provides

I know he means we dont have to pay upfront like many do, but either way, we're providing a loan to the club aren't we?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Maybe.

The diagram attached illustrates what I'm saying though...

The club's pricing chart for zone C includes reference to East Stand, yet there is no zone C colour shading on the stadium diagram, so either the diagram is wrong or the price chart is wrong.

View attachment 39814

Yes I see, but I think it's the price chart that's wrong. They have just added the east along with west prices. As you can see the shelves and edge blocks are all Zone D. So no wings prices in the east upper, whereas the west upper and lower has differing prices for being in the wings.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I travel from Polegate.
Polegate to Falmer return is £7-40, x 23 matches = £170.20. No Subsidy.
Polegate to Lewes return is £6-50, x 23 matches =£149.50 plus £50 subsidy.

Really well thought out for some of us.

But i'll pay it regardless.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Increase seems ok to me.

Can someone explain this to me though. Barber's comment:
“The club’s direct debit facility is very popular but supporters are reminded it is in effect an unsecured, interest free loan the club provides

I know he means we dont have to pay upfront like many do, but either way, we're providing a loan to the club aren't we?

I hate when he says shit like this. It's bollocks because its the fans that pay up front for something the club has yet to provide. More revenue increase, price rise speak from Barber.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another point about the prem prices is that any club will get a bumper 120million in tv money before a ball is kicked so putting the prices up much more is taking the piss.

Not really as the wage bill will go into orbit

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Once you see that the travel side of things has gone up to stop the loss then not to bad I suppose.
I'm sure those that get to the Amex by Shanks or bike or whatever don't like the idea of paying £50 quid out for a facility they don't use though. That would get short shrift anywhere else in life.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it was never mentioned you have to pay extra for the travel would we really debate the cost anymore ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Good point, when will Barber release details of Price Rises for the Prem? If its 20% I won't renew. Watch every game on streaming or foreign satellite channels and of course alot if games on sky, football first etc. If Barber puts it up too much, I just won't watch it at the Amex.

I wouldn't imagine the club would not be arrogant enough to announce any prices for the prem until we got there. You should expect a rise in prices though if other promoted clubs are anything to go by. You can watch on sky and dodgy streams but it nothing like being there in person!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please don't post shit like that, some one from the club might read it. A 50% increase would make it unaffordable for many and it would already go up to £24 a game in the prem due to there being less games.

Last year we were told promotion to the PL would result in an extra 10 pounds per month. So I'd hope no more than that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

That is rubbish. You start paying for a product in mar/apr or whenever and by the time the first part of the product arrives in aug you have payed 40% or so upfront anyway.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Once you see that the travel side of things has gone up to stop the loss then not to bad I suppose.
I'm sure those that get to the Amex by Shanks or bike or whatever don't like the idea of paying £50 quid out for a facility they don't use though. That would get short shrift anywhere else in life.

Yes, but as Barber has said, the transport levy is not as narrow as simply paying for match day transport. It contributes towards road / junction improvements and cycle paths etc that were a necessary part of the stadium development and benefit everybody. There are lots local services that I don't benefit from, but that isn't reflected in my Council tax bill and nor should it be. It's just part of being a member of the community.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I travel from Polegate.
Polegate to Falmer return is £7-40, x 23 matches = £170.20. No Subsidy.
Polegate to Lewes return is £6-50, x 23 matches =£149.50 plus £50 subsidy.

Really well thought out for some of us.

But i'll pay it regardless.

Which is why it is unfair that you can travel so much further from the west than from the east.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here