A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair, making Palace play badly is just a tick in the box for me

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Part of me thinks that our algorithm must be saying that he'll do the business in our system and create a synergy with the other players in our squad. Another part of me is wondering whether Arsenal have put this rumour out there to try and get him off their books - ie Brighton are interested, so he must be good!

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

Thanks for this, good to see some data to try and see what the club are seeing that we aren’t. But to be honest, I’m not sure that data does that? If we wanted a destroyer DM for 20min surely l’d prefer someone who’s done the business like Tyler Adam’s

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thanks for this, good to see some data to try and see what the club are seeing that we aren’t. But to be honest, I’m not sure that data does that? If we wanted a destroyer DM for 20min surely l’d prefer someone who’s done the business like Tyler Adam’s
We don't need destroyers. We need people with good ball retention but primarily (in terms of what we are lacking) people who can win the ball back quickly. That doesn't have to be in a 'smash into him' way.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Kin Nora!!!...is this really the best we can do...I would rather keep Alzate! We must have something better up our sleeve with the funds we've got. One of Gallagher or Palmer as well as Diaz if Baleba isn't coming would be good but if not keep Alzate!
This

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We don't need destroyers. We need people with good ball retention but primarily (in terms of what we are lacking) people who can win the ball back quickly. That doesn't have to be in a 'smash into him' way.
We absolutely need a midfielder or two who can break up opposition play and regain possession.

These stats show clearly what happens against a side who want to fight us for possession post Caicedo.
IMG_3203.jpeg

Very few games were like this last season. 16 shots again is very unusual and we didn’t get over 60% possession which is rare too. We will be smashed when we play a team who can finish, perhaps we’ll score a few but they will too. Newcastle, for example, look a very scary proposition with no muscle in our midfield.

Unlike Adams, Caicedo could break up play and keep possession, we need a player who can do that ASAP.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Don't know if anyone subscribes to this, but if so he's doing an analysis of Lokonga and RDZ's new system.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bullet dodged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here