[Albion] Alan Velasco

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
And I’d guess that these are pretty genuine judging from what leaked out from the Mac Allister & Caicedo transfers. The club must be really frustrated that South American’s can’t help but spill the beans!

Argie Alan could be a great replacement for Tross if he has a good euros and then consistent season seeing his value rocket towards £50m and us sell.

From what I understand, Velasco would not yet qualify for a work permit. He'd probably need to be loaned back for 6 months.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
From what I understand, Velasco would not yet qualify for a work permit. He'd probably need to be loaned back for 6 months.

Hmm can anyone do the points. Played for Argentina at younger levels and aren't Independiente one of the biggest teams in Argentina?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another one for the reserves I assume?

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove

Oh no, I was so hyped. Anyway, he is such a player and future big star. We should do eveyrything what we can to sign him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another one for the reserves I assume?
A future season player, no doubt.

We don't tend to throw young South Americans straight into the squad.

Union SG, or a Championship loan I suspect.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
A future season player, no doubt.

We don't tend to throw young South Americans straight into the squad.

Union SG, or a Championship loan I suspect.

Or Hibs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmm can anyone do the points. Played for Argentina at younger levels and aren't Independiente one of the biggest teams in Argentina?

The UK have made it a fairly low bar for non-EU citizen post Brexit, which is why we were finally able to get Percy Tau back from his loan in Belgium, but I don't think think that age-level caps count for anything. Looking at Velasco's stats on Wiki for the ongoing season, he seems to have played all of their Copa Sudamerica games (a band 2 continental competition) and 9 out of 13 league games (Argie league is band 3). If he keeps getting selected, particularly in the later rounds of the Copa Sudamerica, then he may just scrape the required points.

See link:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...e-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The UK have made it a fairly low bar for non-EU citizen post Brexit, which is why we were finally able to get Percy Tau back from his loan in Belgium, but I don't think think that age-level caps count for anything. Looking at Velasco's stats on Wiki for the ongoing season, he seems to have played all of their Copa Sudamerica games (a band 2 continental competition) and 9 out of 13 league games (Argie league is band 3). If he keeps getting selected, particularly in the later rounds of the Copa Sudamerica, then he may just scrape the required points.

See link:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...e-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

This is my understanding of it.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

See link:

There was a piece in the Guardian about this, using Luis Suarez as an example.

Luis Suárez, for example, moved to Groningen at the age of 19 to begin a career in Europe. He could not have come to England because he had no international experience. Under the new system, an 18-year-old Suárez would earn 13 of the 15 points needed for a visa and would therefore have a good chance of earning one on appeal with the FA’s “Exceptions Panel”.

I think because of this lads reputation and quality, we could get him a work permit on appeal.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Depends on his ambitions.

I am sure it is more appealing for him to play in the CL and get noticed by Madrid, Barca, Man City etc.

Worldwide the Premier League is watched more than the champions league.

In 2018/19 3.7 billion watched the Premier League, 1.3 billion watched the Champions League.

Players get noticed by playing in the Premier League.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lamptey played 5 minutes for the Albion and Bayern Munich were all over him like a tramp on chips. The Premier League is where it's at.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Worldwide the Premier League is watched more than the champions league.

In 2018/19 3.7 billion watched the Premier League, 1.3 billion watched the Champions League.

Players get noticed by playing in the Premier League.

When was the last time a player from a bottom 3rd PL team moved to Madrid/Barca? I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, just I can't think of an example of it happening.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
When was the last time a player from a bottom 3rd PL team moved to Madrid/Barca? I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, just I can't think of an example of it happening.

In 2018 Stoke were relegated and Choupo-Moting moved to PSG.

I can't think of any to Madrid or Barca

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports