Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Rickman RIP

Will be digging out the DVD of "Galaxy Quest" as soon as poss - the whole cast nailed it especially his "not Spock" character! Splendid spoof of "Star Trek" which, as has been noted, was even enjoyed by Trekkies. Was thinking of changing the bit at the bottom of my page (sure it has a more technical name) but will now leave it for a while longer.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Will be digging out the DVD of "Galaxy Quest" as soon as poss - the whole cast nailed it especially his "not Spock" character! Splendid spoof of "Star Trek" which, as has been noted, was even enjoyed by Trekkies. Was thinking of changing the bit at the bottom of my page (sure it has a more technical name) but will now leave it for a while longer.

Watched it again just last week. Still fresh after about 15 viewings.

RIP "Sir Alexander".

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Great British actor in both comic and serious roles. Had one of the best lines in the movie “Galaxy Quest’ – when asked where he was going during the alien attack on their spaceship he replies “To see if there’s a pub”. Classic

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
In Robin Hood he says to a wench

‘You. My room, 10.30,’ and then says to anther wench ‘You, 10.45,' pauses and says 'and bring a friend.”

Class

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Very sad news.
My wifes and my favourite villain. A unique sense of humour within his stage persona and roles that sets him apart from everyone else. No one else quite like him really
��������������������

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sad news again today

It does give me the opportunity to mention that I actually appeared in a feature film with Alan Rickman !!

Now to say this is a tenuous link is something of an understatement, but I was an extra in this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250716/

It was probably his least successful film. Went straight to video and got panned by critics. I rented it once and even my appearance as "bloke having a smoke outside" didn't help.

I can confirm that Alan Rickman was every bit as nice as you are hearing in all the tributes.

RIP

Yoda

English & European
Never has one of his quotes seemed more appropriate:

"That’s it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas."

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Truly, Madly, Deeply, in which he co-starred with Juliet Stevenson, was a great film.

Very much this. One of my favourite films of all time. Very human and moving but at the same time extremely funny in parts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Truly, Madly, Deeply, in which he co-starred with Juliet Stevenson, was a great film.

Agreed. I normally swerve anything romantic but that was a great film and the scene when she is playing the piano and he reappears is one of my favourite film scenes of all-time.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sad news again today

It does give me the opportunity to mention that I actually appeared in a feature film with Alan Rickman !!

Now to say this is a tenuous link is something of an understatement, but I was an extra in this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250716/

It was probably his least successful film. Went straight to video and got panned by critics. I rented it once and even my appearance as "bloke having a smoke outside" didn't help.

I can confirm that Alan Rickman was every bit as nice as you are hearing in all the tributes.

RIP

A tribute from Daniel Radcliffe.

Alan Rickman is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors I will ever work with. He is also, one of the loyalest and most supportive people I’ve ever met in the film industry. He was so encouraging of me both on set and in the years post-Potter. I’m pretty sure he came and saw everything I ever did on stage both in London and New York. He didn’t have to do that. I know other people who’ve been friends with him for much much longer than I have and they all say “if you call Alan, it doesn’t matter where in the world he is or how busy he is with what he’s doing, he’ll get back to you within a day”.

People create perceptions of actors based on the parts they played so it might surprise some people to learn that contrary to some of the sterner(or downright scary) characters he played, Alan was extremely kind, generous, self-deprecating and funny. And certain things obviously became even funnier when delivered in his unmistakable double-bass.

As an actor he was one of the first of the adults on Potter to treat me like a peer rather than a child. Working with him at such a formative age was incredibly important and I will carry the lessons he taught me for the rest of my life and career. Film sets and theatre stages are all far poorer for the loss of this great actor and man.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/01/14/daniel-radcliffes-post-alan-rickman-profoundly-moving/

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Little known fact that Alan Rickman lost out to Craig Charles for the role of Lister in Red Dwarf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here