Sussex by the Sea
sketch-1622051082215.png

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I actually really enjoyed the last episode and felt it worked well with some genuine v funny moments.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The crappy SAS style reality TV satire was just utterly brilliant and up there with any classic Partridge. The ‘Sinbad the Sailor’ response was genius.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is a very clever "back story" to the series that doesn't come through.

The genius of Steve Coogan (and this series) is as a Liberal Guardian reading member of the media establishment, he is actually highlighting (and taking the piss at) their difficulty in dealing with balance with in a post Brexit World.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thought last nights episode was right up there anything Coogan has ever produced.

The Peter Finch Network skit was comedy gold. ��

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
OK, time to own up.
I hate Alan Partridge. There, said it.
Maybe it's because I've been in the radio/entertainment industry and met people just like him.
Tried to watch 4/6/21 episode with Princess Ann but felt uncomfortable watching it. He is just embarrassing, but then that is the character I guess.
Out of interest, did Ann actually appear or was he left alone somehow? Think I know the answer which is why I just cant watch. A case of 'been there, done that'

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
OK, time to own up.
Maybe it's because I've been in the radio/entertainment industry and met people just like him.
Tried to watch 4/6/21 episode with Princess Ann but felt uncomfortable watching it. He is just embarrassing, but then that is the character I guess.
Out of interest, did Ann actually appear or was he left alone somehow? Think I know the answer which is why I just cant watch. A case of 'been there, done that'

Princess Anne did not appear. They cut to AP.
I think I laughed a few times. If that was the best of the series then glad I missed it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
OK, time to own up.

I don’t mind him and the early stuff was great.

But I think This Time has crossed the line between what’s actually funny and what you think is funny.

It just doesn’t do it for me on any level. He needs Chris Morris....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here