Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery could become Albion ambassador.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But my real objection to this "role" is the way he stabbed us fans in the back over the Bournmouth anti Archer protest.

Alan Mullery said: "The players - they don't understand this sort of thing. I mean, you can see the frustration of the supporters about what they've heard today from David Bellotti but it's not the way, as you say, to disrupt a football match itself. If they want to sit outside the ground or sit outside the Goldstone, let them do that but as far as the players are concerned they just want to get back and start playing again."

Hardly backstabbing......

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He's a moron...suits your club to the ground

Ungrateful. He kept your club in the Second Division when you didn't have two pennies to scrape together.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He certainly went down in my estimation after he made those comments. Still our greatest ever manager though.

What was so bad about what he said?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Un hombre quien se puede hablar Español al lugar afortunatamente al tiempo afortunatamente.
Suerte Señor Jones.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
During the live commentary he criticised the Albion fans for interrupting the game. His comments came over as rather unsympathetic to our cause.

His exact words were:

"The players - they don't understand this sort of thing. I mean, you can see the frustration of the supporters about what they've heard today from David Bellotti but it's not the way, as you say, to disrupt a football match itself. If they want to sit outside the ground or sit outside the Goldstone, let them do that but as far as the players are concerned they just want to get back and start playing again."

Pretty acceptable, isn't it?

He said the fans had a right to protest but would prefer it if they didn't interrupt the game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not wishing to merge threads,but didn't Mullers find God?
Or vice versa?

Yes, he did. There's a Jasper Carrott joke just waiting to be told.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
His exact words were:

"The players - they don't understand this sort of thing. I mean, you can see the frustration of the supporters about what they've heard today from David Bellotti but it's not the way, as you say, to disrupt a football match itself. If they want to sit outside the ground or sit outside the Goldstone, let them do that but as far as the players are concerned they just want to get back and start playing again."

Pretty acceptable, isn't it?

He said the fans had a right to protest but would prefer it if they didn't interrupt the game.

Yes all these years later it sounds acceptable & I can see the point he was making. At the time, fired up with anti-Archer venom, I couldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here