Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Davies on Chelsea

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm just surprised that Alan Davies has thrown off his " Lovable Idiot " persona and moved in to Brandian social commentary.

el punal

A shit club with no history? They were one of the top clubs when I was a kid - "A cup of polonium tea for Mr Davies!"

When were you a kid? During the mid-late sixties they were the "fancy dans" of football, entertaining but not winning anything until the FA Cup in 1970 and Cup Winners Cup in 1971. The big boys at the time were Man.Utd, Leeds, Liverpool and Spurs, with Arsenal coming in from the late sixties. In the 1970s and 1980s Chelsea were yo-yo-ing between divisions. It was only in the late 1990s that Chelsea were starting to show a consistency of form, and, even then were way behind Man.Utd and Arsenal in terms of success.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Chelsea have always been a well supported team bar a disastrous period in the 80's and they've certainly been worthy of being refered to as one the top club in England for the last 20 years.

Why Wandsworth or Balham out of interest, just two random places with sw postcodes?
So well supported that twice in recent years playing in Champion League quarter and semi in the Nou Camp after only being allocated 4500 tickets they have returned 2000.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Well, he supports the right club for his personality,, Whinge Whinge Whinge! along with arsene Whinger!.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I grew up in the late 60's early 70's and Chelsea were the ManU of the time; every kid on the block supported them. I don't know how successful they actually were at the time as I didn't care about football then. Alan Davies is of course an Arsenal fan, a team who have set the world alight over the Wenger years.....

You lived on a different block to me then.

They were the Arsenal of their day not Man U, very attractive, skilful play with very little reward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just surprised that Alan Davies has thrown off his " Lovable Idiot " persona and moved in to Brandian social commentary.

I guess you're judging the man purely on the lovable idiot role he plays on QI, and no other aspect of his life.

That'll be like entire judging John Terry as a solid, reliable, dependable bloke, based on his centre abilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here