Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Brazil this morning

Jimmy Grimble

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Alan Brazil? A drinker? Surely you can't be serious?

_44594466_alanbrazil_pa_226.jpg

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Me too. Ignorant is the word. Their reasoning seems to be 'because you're rich/successful/doing a job you like you can't get depression'. Like if you're rich you can't get cancer. Twats. I've never had much time for Irani before, but good on him for sticking to his guns.

100% agree with about Irani - never had any time for the guy and quite honestly have always thought that he was a complete twazzock. However his stand against the ignorant bollocks that was being spewed forth was superb. He clearly has a real understanding of the illness - is he friends with Trescothick?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
rory mcgrath on danny baker was probably the best drunken radio i have ever heard.

talksport is like how you imagine the official radio station of Hell would be like, with only the worst examples of humanity to choose from as presenters.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It was car-crash radio.

Agree with poster's above Bungle Irani was holding it together while zippy brazil & george sheppard clowned around like tw*ts, not sure which one was worse.

Sad thing is, it will improve TalkSports ratings and Brazil will stay on.

5Live it is from now on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sports Breakfast | talkSPORT

HILARIO listening. Brazil is argumentative, raising his voice, slurring, thumping the table, interrupting, rambling...he's like an old lush propping up the bar giving you the benefit of his drunken wisdom. Just listen to this show between 7 and 8 (you can FF the ads, weather etc). It is GOLDEN stuff, culminating in him royally pissing Irani off over his views on depression to the point where Irani is barely speaking to him, until the producer finally hooks him off and Danny Kelly comes off the bench.

BRILLIANT entertainment :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That is possibly the worst radio I have ever heard. It is a complete disgrace.

Ignorant prejudiced bigoted i'm-all-right-jack know-it-all (know nothing) gob-shite bullying presenter insulting and denegrating somebody suffering from a mental illness. All those involved ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Confirmation of why that station should retitle itself talkbollocks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
rory mcgrath on danny baker was probably the best drunken radio i have ever heard.

talksport is like how you imagine the official radio station of Hell would be like, with only the worst examples of humanity to choose from as presenters.

Even Ian Wright had enough self respect to walk. Of the current incumbents, only Kelly and Collymore are remotely worth listening to. other than that they are either ignorant northerners or nonentities.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just listened to that. Brazil and Shepherd showing extreme ignorance. Some of that was borderline slander.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I fear for Alan Brazil he seems to think of Alcohol as soon as his program finishes and he has many invitations for corporate events he is overweight which added to his regular drinking could well lead to bad health.
He has had previous warnings due to failure to turn up for his program and should he be fired it is not likely there will
be other openings for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just how LEATHERED must you have been the night before to be that pissed at 7am ? Legendary stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing listening. I was waiting for Irani and Brazil to kick off there. Who knows - the Keys and Gray Sports Breakfast waiting in the wings?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It comes to something when Ronnie Irani comes across as the voice of reason, but when you've got a drunken Brazil and that ignorant oaf Rob Shepherd in the studio...a new low in live radio broadcasting (but HUGELY amusing nonetheless). Will there be repercussions, or will TalkSport just brush it under the carpet as usual ? Irani was NOT a happy bunny, quite clearly.

That was right up there with the all-time classic Bob Monkhouse debacle ("I heard two different versions...")

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
When I'm home, Talk Shit comes on at 1.00 p.m. & goes off at 4.00 p.m.

Hawkesby & Jacobs are class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here