Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Barnes,mugged amazing response.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It is amazing the generosity people will have to an individual. Yet many of those donating will vote for the party that has made the lives of the vulnerable harder.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I think the woman who started this should get a percentage. A great deed like this deserves reward and I'm sure she would appreciate it. (p.s. I'm not that woman! :lol:)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
He needs to splash the cash on a pimped up 70s American town car with tilt and rock motion and an inbuilt Dukes of Hazard dixie horn and get cruising the streets of Gateshead blasting the horn at every opportunity.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I read this as 'Ashley Barnes mugged' - :lol:

Saw this on the news - great stuff :)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I read this as 'Ashley Barnes mugged' - :lol:

Saw this on the news - great stuff :)

I wasn't the only one then ! £320k raised.

Whilst i I don't want to do this man out of any money, I feel the amount raised could be better spent on CCTV , security etc around where he previously lived to ensure not only he, but also his local comunity were safer.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It is amazing the generosity people will have to an individual. Yet many of those donating will vote for the party that has made the lives of the vulnerable harder.

Very tenuous link to a heart warming story. Poor show

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Quite simple.

The Justice system.

If they find these sub human scum they will be 'unlucky' if they get as much as a 3 month prison sentence.

Saudi's have it right (in some cases). Death Penalty. The only way to get rid of parasites. :)

Starting point for sentencing is 4 years by CP's guidelines as they have caused injury. 8 year starting point if judged as serious injury.
Injuries not so bad judging by report so let's take the 4 as the starting point, aggravating factor of being a group and vulnerable nature of victim. Defendants would be 'lucky' getting 5 years.

4 years. Mr Barnes says that's about right.
My guess was a bit out - it wasn't performed by a group and defendant pleaded guilty early. Those that want corporal punishment will be pleased to know the defendant has already received several good kickings.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Very tenuous link to a heart warming story. Poor show

You may feel it in bad taste to relate the story to wider social issues but the link is far from tenuous.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
You may feel it in bad taste to relate the story to wider social issues but the link is far from tenuous.

To blame it on the current government?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
4 years. Mr Barnes says that's about right.
My guess was a bit out - it wasn't performed by a group and defendant pleaded guilty early. Those that want corporal punishment will be pleased to know the defendant has already received several good kickings.

Although such kickings would doubtless come from opportunists with just as few values.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here