Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alabama - Women's rights

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Huh? Who mentioned race?

Nothing to do with race - 27 men decided on behalf of women, to ban women from having a choice.
Yeah I'm gonna wear a dunce hat for that but then the question has to be asked, why don't women, supposing they are unhappy with their elected representatives, vote some women into office?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given that conception usually takes place 24 hours after sex, why isn't the morning after pill offered to rape victims (of course it has to be assumed that rape victims will report rape immediately, which often doesn't happen because the victim is traumatised)
That negates the argument that an embryo is a life, as it hasn't been conceived.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah I'm gonna wear a dunce hat for that but then the question has to be asked, why don't women, supposing they are unhappy with their elected representatives, vote some women into office?

Genuinely a lot of women in these backward states side with the men, women themselves don't think women should have rights. Brainwashed since birth. They're God's servants on earth, born to bear children and obey men.
Some UK women didn't want suffrage for themselves.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It is, of course, a complex issue with grey areas around how you define life and how you weigh up one set of rights against another.
And of course the need to consider the real -life consequences of decisions - as mentioned above, the fact that richer people will be able to procure services elsewhere, and the (horrific) implications of a rise in illegal and unregulated abortion services.

That said, my sense is that this lot did not reach a difficult decision based on deep examination of all the issues and serious soul searching...

Just lucky for them that they are wrong about the existence of hell.
And I'll say again - the same must go for Teresa May's mates in the DUP and their ilk.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Many women did vote to put those men in power is what nobody ever mentions.

In a state like Alabama there would be a large amount of pro-life women voting.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I'd take talk of "the sanctity of life" a bit more seriously if states that introduced these anti-abortion laws then abolished the death penalty. I find it hard to reconcile a belief that all human life is sacred with a belief in killing people.

Yes, a huge disconnect. Plus Alabama's courts hand down more death sentences per capita than any other state. The number of people on Death Row in Alabama is exceeded only by Texas, California and Florida.

Seems the moral majority can square the right to life with the death penalty.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Genuinely a lot of women in these backward states side with the men, women themselves don't think women should have rights. Brainwashed since birth. They're God's servants on earth, born to bear children and obey men.

Is it possible that some people oppose abortion and do believe that women should have rights? Is it possible that they oppose abortion because they view the unborn child as having rights also?

Whether or not you agree, can you not see that pretty much nobody who opposes abortion does so because they feel that "women shouldn't have rights"?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It is, of course, a complex issue with grey areas around how you define life and how you weigh up one set of rights against another.
And of course the need to consider the real -life consequences of decisions - as mentioned above, the fact that richer people will be able to procure services elsewhere, and the (horrific) implications of a rise in illegal and unregulated abortion services.

That said, my sense is that this lot did not reach a difficult decision based on deep examination of all the issues and serious soul searching...

Just lucky for them that they are wrong about the existence of hell.
And I'll say again - the same must go for Teresa May's mates in the DUP and their ilk.

Why?

& does being opposed abortion mean you should go to hell?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it possible that some people oppose abortion and do believe that women should have rights? Is it possible that they oppose abortion because they view the unborn child as having rights also?

Whether or not you agree, can you not see that pretty much nobody who opposes abortion does so because they feel that "women shouldn't have rights"?

I'm sure there are. I didn't say there weren't.
And yes, plenty of people who oppose abortion don't believe women should have a right to decide. That's the whole point of anti-abortion laws.

:facepalm:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

And yet in the "progressive states" they are pushing for later and later term abortions.

Which then brings into play fetal homicide laws which are in place for vehicular type deaths where unborn lives are lost.

So the question is when is too late for an abortion?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm sure there are. I didn't say there weren't.

It sounded like you thought some people voted this way because they don't think women should have rights.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It sounded like you thought some people voted this way because they don't think women should have rights.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes that.

In Alabama? You really wouldn't.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And yet in the "progressive states" they are pushing for later and later term abortions.

Which then brings into play fetal homicide laws which are in place for vehicular type deaths where unborn lives are lost.

I reckon anytime before their 4th birthday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree. I knew a couple who went on holiday when she was 24 weeks gone before the 27 week flying limit. She started in labour, and they had a son weighing just 1lb 2oz. Luckily they had good travel insurance, which covered it. He survived and grew up.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
For mine to a certain date should be allowed for abortions.

The disturbing thing is the glee in which many of these women that represent the pro-abortion side of things show when a law goes their way.

Who takes joy from killing a life? It should always be a solemn thing even in a law based victory.

Disgusting how they celebrate it like it's a joyous moment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For mine to a certain date should be allowed for abortions.

The disturbing thing is the glee in which many of these women that represent the pro-abortion side of things show when a law goes their way.

Who takes joy from killing a life? It should always be a solemn thing even in a law based victory.

Disgusting how they celebrate it like it's a joyous moment.

That's not what they are celebrating. They are celebrating the right to make decisions on their health and bodies being enshrined in law. A joyous thing indeed.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Why?

& does being opposed abortion mean you should go to hell?

1. Because I've heard them talking

2. Not necessarily, as should have been evident in my message. But in this case I am prepared to make an exception (of course it's Ok for me to say that anyway because of hell not being real).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I agree. I knew a couple who went on holiday when she was 24 weeks gone before the 27 week flying limit. She started in labour, and they had a son weighing just 1lb 2oz. Luckily they had good travel insurance, which covered it. He survived and grew up.

Some of the biggest pro-life supporters are those people who were actually abortion survivors.

I didn't know this was a thing until I saw a woman on a video speaking about her story and how she survived.

Blew my mind listening to her.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's not what they are celebrating. They are celebrating the right to make decisions on their health and bodies being enshrined in law. A joyous thing indeed.

There is only one outcome with an abortion.

If you think that's worth celebrating it says a lot about those people celebrating it with glee.

What would you think of people who celebrated a law that allowed people to shoot dead anyone who stepped onto their property? Would you think them a tad warped?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here