Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ake 40m

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunk is much better than Ake. Much better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Knowing how Pep admires the way Potter wants us to play, which isn’t dissimilar to City, I am surprised he didn’t offer 10 million more for Dunk. I guess it’s pace and age :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

He's also better than Harry Maguire. Hopefully other clubs will continue to not realise this though.

Interestingly, when you talk to fans of other PL clubs, most of them rate Dunk as highly as we do. The general gist being that it should be Gomez / Dunk as the first choice England CB partnership. Luckily for us, Southgate is a Palace fool.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Knowing how Pep admires the way Potter wants us to play, which isn’t dissimilar to City, I am surprised he didn’t offer 10 million more for Dunk. I guess it’s pace and age :shrug:

Don’t get me wrong, Ake is a very good player. Yes pace and yes is good on the ball. I just think Dunk is much better. I think Dunk has been the best English centre half on the planet this year. Since lockdown, look at Maguires mistakes - Stones too has been dodge and I won’t do Lewis the disservice to even mention Keane or Mings! Tarkowski has been good when I’ve seen him too.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloody Hell.

City really sticking two fingers up to FFP by splashing cash without any real due consideration. Duffy's stats are better.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I can't see Dunk ever commanding the £50million it would probably take for us to let him go without a run in the England team, which we all know is highly unlikely for multiple reasons. That's great news for us.

Ake is a Dutch regular and you'd presume that £40million is his relegation release clause.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t get me wrong, Ake is a very good player. Yes pace and yes is good on the ball. I just think Dunk is much better. I think Dunk has been the best English centre half on the planet this year. Since lockdown, look at Maguires mistakes - Stones too has been dodge and I won’t do Lewis the disservice to even mention Keane or Mings! Tarkowski has been good when I’ve seen him too.

Pace is a requirement for a top 3 defender and Dunk is lacking, hence he’s still at the Albion imo. He is better at everything else than most of the others though, but no Laporte or VVD

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ake is a Dutch regular and you'd presume that £40million is his relegation release clause.

I was thinking £40m seemed over the top considering B'muff being relegated and the economic state of things right now, but hadn't considered it could well be a release clause being activated...plus of course just City being City and throwing cash around.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't see Dunk ever commanding the £50million it would probably take for us to let him go without a run in the England team, which we all know is highly unlikely for multiple reasons. That's great news for us.

Yep - was reading that thinking ‘if that’s the case and turns out to be the case that’s great for us.’ Don’t need to sell Dunk ever and I think that ship has sailed now. Never really been serious interest - listen to Adam Virgo on the Albion Roar who will know people - said himself agent has always made it clear he’s settled etc. I’d imagine the big 6 would be the only chance of him going.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Bloody Hell.

City really sticking two fingers up to FFP by splashing cash without any real due consideration. Duffy's stats are better.
They've sold off Sané for about £60m so looks like they've only spent £10m so far with that Torres guy coming in too. Luckily for them...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I was thinking £40m seemed over the top considering B'muff being relegated and the economic state of things right now, but hadn't considered it could well be a release clause being activated...plus of course just City being City and throwing cash around.

Can't imagine that any international footballer in the Premier League wouldn't have a relegation release clause built in to their contract. Especially in this league where relatively big teams, like West Brom/Middlesbrough/Villa, have gone down with some big players.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Crazy thing is, Dunk would unquestionably improve the central defensive line for any of the top 6 sides. Especially the likes of Arsenal.

Ditto England.

Their loss is our gain.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Does the Ake valuation set the barometer for Whites “market valuation” not including the fact that we don’t want to sell which also has a price factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For those questioning why Dunk wasn't targeted .... maybe he was but Tony said no way, go away ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Does the Ake valuation set the barometer for Whites “market valuation” not including the fact that we don’t want to sell which also has a price factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely different scenarios if you ask me, one has played multiple seasons in the Premier League and is a full international, it’s not fair to compare someone with such lowly credentials to a defender with one season under THE Marcelo Bielsa for the MASSIVE Leeds United.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The other top 6 clubs must be well happy with this. Ake is a very ordinary central defender. Bmuff have conceded 196 goals in the 3 complete seasons he's been there - we've conceded 168. Their best defensive season is worse than our WORST defensive season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The other top 6 clubs must be well happy with this. Ake is a very ordinary central defender. Bmuff have conceded 196 goals in the 3 complete seasons he's been there - we've conceded 168. Their best defensive season is worse than our WORST defensive season.

I’d attribute that more to Smug Eddie’s tactics of next goal wins rather than Ake’s ability.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Seems about right the way City do business, I expect them to spend huge sums of money in this window , let's face it they will buy who they want and money is no object .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here