Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ajax Tickets

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Am looking at a weekend in Feb with the Mrs in Amsterdam and taking in an Ajax home game (against a minor opposition). Looking at tickets, it seems you have to purchase some sort of package deal for foreigners which costs 75 euro a ticket for the worst seats in the house, and it explicitly says that non-residents of the Netherlands can be refused entry if they are trying to use tickets that aren't part of this "travel package". Surely this isn't the case, it's a complete rip off and I can't believe it complies with EU law.

Anyone been before or know a sensible way to get tickets? NSC always comes up trumps on these things.

kevbha

Feb 5, 2012
newhaven east sussex
went to see ajax last year.it was 30 euros and we bought the tickets from the ticket office at the stadium didnt have any problems. a stadium tour is worth doing aswell if the mrs can take it

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I went to a game at another Dutch club a few years ago, and they just photocopied my passport and sold me a ticket for cash at the ticket office

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was going to get my missus some Ajax for her birthday in February. She's now turned round and told me in no uncertain terms that she'd prefer it if I got Vim!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Am looking at a weekend in Feb with the Mrs in Amsterdam and taking in an Ajax home game (against a minor opposition). Looking at tickets, it seems you have to purchase some sort of package deal for foreigners which costs 75 euro a ticket for the worst seats in the house, and it explicitly says that non-residents of the Netherlands can be refused entry if they are trying to use tickets that aren't part of this "travel package". Surely this isn't the case, it's a complete rip off and I can't believe it complies with EU law.

Anyone been before or know a sensible way to get tickets? NSC always comes up trumps on these things.

It's what they do mate. the visit is worth it mind you. Anderlecht do the same thing. you can buy tickets throught agencies in London but by the time you've paid them the over the odds price, you might as well pay the same money and take the deal. you don't have to do the tour. they do a package with drinks and a buffet at half time. they also chuck in a scarf.

its actually worth the money mate.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's what they do mate. the visit is worth it mind you. Anderlecht do the same thing. you can buy tickets throught agencies in London but by the time you've paid them the over the odds price, you might as well pay the same money and take the deal. you don't have to do the tour. they do a package with drinks and a buffet at half time. they also chuck in a scarf.

its actually worth the money mate.

Cheers for that, will probably just go for it. I spose 50-60 quid with a scarf (which I would buy anyway) and a beer really isn't too bad as a one off, I just would rather pay 40 euro and have a no-frills ticket like everyone else, must feel incredibly corporate doing it this way! It just seems bizarre as they don't sell out standard games, and I cannot believe it is legal for them to refuse to sell me something that they will sell to someone who is Dutch. Ah well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cheers for that, will probably just go for it. I spose 50-60 quid with a scarf (which I would buy anyway) and a beer really isn't too bad as a one off, I just would rather pay 40 euro and have a no-frills ticket like everyone else, must feel incredibly corporate doing it this way! It just seems bizarre as they don't sell out standard games, and I cannot believe it is legal for them to refuse to sell me something that they will sell to someone who is Dutch. Ah well.

Just sort it when you get over there if you want to then. You're paying a premium to go 'ticket in hand' if you like. Unless its a big game, it is unlikely to sell out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The stadium tour is terrific, well worth doing.

They were filming Goal 2 when we were there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here