Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ajax support!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is what I wanted from the Albion @ Anfield. For 30 minutes the dream was on.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
About 200 of them were at the city game yesterday as well officially sectioned off in the ground so there were 3 clear sets of supports.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Was given complimentary tickets and just got back, wasn't far from away end! Those fookers never stopped...amazing noise!! Reminded me of the Albion but with "flare"

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
About 200 of them were at the city game yesterday as well officially sectioned off in the ground so there were 3 clear sets of supports.

Rumour is city can't fill their stadium, tickets for Porto were £15 compared avge £50 at united, Ajax lot went to that game too as a result :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would also add that old Trafford home end was more like a fuckin library, I soooo wanted to be in the Ajax party :lolol:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Rumour is city can't fill their stadium, tickets for Porto were £15 compared avge £50 at united, Ajax lot went to that game too as a result :lolol:

To be fair that was a really awkward kick-off time, rush hour init.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
Just got back from the game and the Ajax fans were incredible. Being a neutral (Albion) fan at uni in Manchester I wanted to go see a game, got in for £16 and was in the block next to the away fans. A real credit to the game, the flare covered me in smoke and the Luis Suarez song wasn't too popular around me! They were so good I ended up rooting for them and couldn't help a "C'mon" when they scored their second!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
they did sound good, sorry to be a party pooper, but I went to an Ajax home game last season, they weren't all that. The stadium was half full and the only loud song was Three Little birds which was sung really loudly just as the game kicked off (they play the song on the PA and then cut it out ala bubbles at West Ham)

I guess its like every time we go to an away game, say we couldnt hear the home fans and we sang loud, then fans say exactly the same when they come to the Amex

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
they did sound good, sorry to be a party pooper, but I went to an Ajax home game last season, they weren't all that. The stadium was half full and the only loud song was Three Little birds which was sung really loudly just as the game kicked off (they play the song on the PA and then cut it out ala bubbles at West Ham)

I guess its like every time we go to an away game, say we couldnt hear the home fans and we sang loud, then fans say exactly the same when they come to the Amex

The away fans are normally better than the home but rarely that loud and that continuously.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Ajax don't get many decent crowds for their Eredvisie matches but was rammed full for the Champs Lge against Real Madrid in December and even though they were losing the home fans made a huge noise throughout. Very impressive.

JOKYLE

Feb 26, 2009
was at the game ajax support was fantastic united support rubbish so quiet

had a seat in stretford end .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just shows you how much atmosphere a drum can 'drum up' (see also Palace, Crystal Ultras) Don't knock it until you've banged it.

robcorrall

Feb 27, 2009
yeh they may have been great in the ground but they made manchester a bit of a scary place last night. they were tearing around town last night looking for trouble. when i got home i found out they had smashed up the bar beneath my flat, road was cordoned of all night and had full forensic team investigating it so i assumed people must have been injured.

It is only a small quiet bar on the edge of town that is surrounded by a few appartment bulidings, felt very sorry for the owners

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here