Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax experience?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I know this is probably not something that any of us know quite yet, but, based on our
vast life experience, how do we think the Ajax away experience will differ from Marseille?
In terms of buses/transport to the ground, being held back at the end, police treatment,
atmosphere, etc etc. in fact anything and everything.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm expecting many to make their own way from Amsterdam Centraal to the stadium on the train. It's an easy journey.
I don't know if the police are planning to put on buses but I think many fans might swerve the buses after Marseille

I didn't have enough points for a Brighton ticket so I wouldn't be on the official transport anyway.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I know this is probably not something that any of us know quite yet, but, based on our
vast life experience, how do we think the Ajax away experience will differ from Marseille?
In terms of buses/transport to the ground, being held back at the end, police treatment,
atmosphere, etc etc. in fact anything and everything.
Think it will be a lot better .... Ajax ultras not interested in attacking Albion fans. And I think it's been said that there will be no bussing of fans for this game.

Dec 29, 2011
Think it will be a lot better .... Ajax ultras not interested in attacking Albion fans. And I think it's been said that there will be no bussing of fans for this game.
Any reason why not? They have been involved in many incidents since 2021, they're quickly gaining a reputation as a dangerous place to visit

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
There isn't any mention of shuttle buses as in Marseille but to instead take the subway line. That in itself should make things easier.

It also says we will be held back for up to 45 minutes rather than what was I think, at least that time for Marseille.

If lots are travelling without tickets, I hope those supporters refrain from going to the area of the stadium and causing unnecessary hold ups for ticket holders

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They go for other hoolie groups not Brighton type teams. Obviously if you go there and chat sh@t you will get banged !!
I see it as more like going to an dodgy English game than Marseille was (maybe like a Spurs or West Ham). Trouble mostly between those looking for it. Hopefully those watching without tickets can manage to do it without smashing up a bar.

Club have already said in their directions email that travel to the ground is by metro, using the line / exit that arrives at the away end and that their will be Dutch and Sussex OB in Dam Square before the game.

Usual applies in Amsterdam anyway - if you're not looking after your stuff or if you get lairy with a pimp or dealer prepare for trouble. Even then I've heard a lot of the old shit coke street dealers have been moved on since I was last there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here