Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v USYK

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Will turn it on 15 mins before due start time...not really too bothered about it really,

Is the right attitude.

Edit: apologies I thought I was still on the Monday night match thread :facepalm:

Comment remains the same though

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Surprised no thread yet?

Must be the most under-hyped AJ fight ever. I guess because Eddie Hearn has walked away from Sky over to DAZN. Usually he would be promoting like mad in fight week.

So, what are your predictions? I'm backing it to go the distance and Usyk on points.

He is one hell of a boxer. I can only see one winner, especially if it goes the distance.

Not often I get it right !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well deserved win for Usyk.

Is that it now for Joshua?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
AJ's game plan was all wrong. Was never going to win at range.

Chisora did a better job by bullying Usyk and walking him down.

If he is to stand any chance in the rematch, he needs to bulk up and go for him early.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don’t know where AJ goes from here. He’s miles behind Fury and Usyk.

Panto maybe?

I wouldnt right him off just yet..... I watched the fight tonight and no doubt the better man on the night won convincingly...... But I also watched the Chisora Uysk fight and personally thought Chisora won even though Usyk got it...... And the way Chisora fought was exactly the way AJ should've fought tonight, and didn't and exactly the way he must if he's going to win.

He's never going to outbox a classy boxer or outmove a fleet footed lighter guy, he basically handed the impetus to Uysk and let him dictate on his terms.

Usyk is super fit, he won't tire easily, a very good boxer technically and better boxer than AJ, and much quicker + southpaw, so why try and box with him from the centre of the ring?

If he does the same again, he'll lose again, bit if he does what Chisora did and just walk him down get in close, hold a bit and get into a proper scrap rather than a boxing contest, that's where his size and strength advantage can make a difference.

I think AJ can win, but he won't outbox or out manoeuvre him.

Charge him down and fight in close.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I wouldnt right him off just yet..... I watched the fight tonight and no doubt the better man on the night won convincingly...... But I also watched the Chisora Uysk fight and personally thought Chisora won even though Usyk got it...... And the way Chisora fought was exactly the way AJ should've fought tonight, and didn't and exactly the way he must if he's going to win.

He's never going to outbox a classy boxer or outmove a fleet footed lighter guy, he basically handed the impetus to Uysk and let him dictate on his terms.

Usyk is super fit, he won't tire easily, a very good boxer technically and better boxer than AJ, and much quicker + southpaw, so why try and box with him from the centre of the ring?

If he does the same again, he'll lose again, bit if he does what Chisora did and just walk him down get in close, hold a bit and get into a proper scrap rather than a boxing contest, that's where his size and strength advantage can make a difference.

I think AJ can win, but he won't outbox or out manoeuvre him.

Charge him down and fight in close.

AJ is done. To come back he needs a new team and confidence. Ruiz 1 has made him doubt himself

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
He’s done for sure.

I can honestly see a retirement coming in the next week or so. He’s nowhere else to go.

Can’t see retirement atm. But the next fight he’s got to choose from Fury, Wilder, Usyk, Whyte. This is if he doesn’t enforce the rematch with Usyk. Maybe the loser of Wilder vs Fury will be a good option for obvious reasons.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can’t see retirement atm. But the next fight he’s got to choose from Fury, Wilder, Usyk, Whyte. This is if he doesn’t enforce the rematch with Usyk. Maybe the loser of Wilder vs Fury will be a good option for obvious reasons.

AJ is done. He's lost (convincingly) to a shambling blob, and a pumped-up cruiserweight. His credibility is shot to bits.

He'll never face Fury now. Next time we'll see him is on Celebrity Catchprhase.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
AJ is done. He's lost (convincingly) to a shambling blob, and a pumped-up cruiserweight. His credibility is shot to bits.

He'll never face Fury now. Next time we'll see him is on Celebrity Catchprhase.

I think he should call it a day if he doesn’t change things. He won’t though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Great performance form Usyk.

The fans are the biggest losers here. Itlooks like we'll never get the Fury Joshua fight now and if we do it'll be a shadow of what it could/should have been. It would have been one of the biggest sporting events in British history.:(

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
outboxed by a technically gifted boxer who has a big heart .....AJ has neither , he's a bit of a disgrace to be honest , i thought Usyk would out box him but i expected Aj to have a go and probably knock him out , a clueless performance from an overhyped , wooden chump. The rematch is now shit or bust for Joshua , perform at your peak or retire. Hearn is currently stating AJ will enact the rematch clause.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
AJ's game plan was all wrong. Was never going to win at range.

Chisora did a better job by bullying Usyk and walking him down.

If he is to stand any chance in the rematch, he needs to bulk up and go for him early.

This.

Dillian White saying the same thing on BBC. A safety first, late Hughton-era performance by AJ. Have a pop if you're bigger. I've never thought he'd beat Fury but it would be a mismatch. I've always been an AJ fan but on that evidence he should stick to selling Lynx.

I think your goose has just stopped laying, Hearn.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here