Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v USYK

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Step aside payments are, quite frankly, bollocks. It used to be that boxers were tough guys, not businessmen. Take money not to fight someone? Fairly sure that it used to be closer to the other way round and eager fighters would almost pay to get a big fight....

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Step aside payments are, quite frankly, bollocks. It used to be that boxers were tough guys, not businessmen. Take money not to fight someone? Fairly sure that it used to be closer to the other way round and eager fighters would almost pay to get a big fight....

I wish someone would pay me £15M not to fight.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I wish someone would pay me £15M not to fight.

Not wrong, get millions to get your face smashed up or get millions to bottle and stay at home.

well of course I am with you, but if you truly believed that you were the best boxer in the world, then surely you would take money to bash someone elses face in, allowing you to step up and bash the next guys face in for mega money.
Even considering a step-aside is demeaning, and shows that AJ is not cut for this business anymore.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Usyk wins.
Tyson wins.

Followed by 2 great fights.
Fury vs Usyk
AJ vs Whyte 2

Tyson then likely retires imo.

Nah, Fury wants AJ imho. Would be massive in this country. Fury to be Usyk, then beat AJ int he long awaited Battle of Britain then retire!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Its not bollocks though is it, it's the only way you can get an undisputed fight on these days because there are so many governing bodies. The step aside would have allowed AJ to take 15 million for doing nothing, have a warm up fight with a new trainer and fight the winner. Who wouldn't seriously consider an offer like that?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here