Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v Ruiz Jnr

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ruiz is a far better boxer than AJ. He comprehensively won the first fight and made the robot quit. AJ only hope is that he can hold Ruiz at distance with his reach advantage and make it a boring fight. If Ruiz can close the gap and let body shots go I see exactly the same outcome.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ali had the same body shape as Witherspoon and the like? Okey-dokey, whatever.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...h=651#imgrc=FlbMjYJN6ZKwBM:&spf=1575424129274

200px-Witherspoon.moultrie.jpg
muhammad-ali_647_060416121900.jpg

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
AJ wins easy. Bad mistake going down to Ruiz height.

Solid sources that he was concussed before the fight. That's why AJ dad grabbed hearn.

Interesting listening on the documentary, especially the corner.

Joshua beats him, no problem. The whole thing is a bit suspect tbh.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Lots of people on here overrating Joshua’s boxing ability. He’s far from great. No head movement, average footwork and very predictable.

Ruiz is the better boxer but Joshua has power and is dangerous. I see Ruiz winning if it goes beyond the 5th. Joshua also has stamina problems so he is a very beatable fighter.

Ruiz is no great shakes so anything could happen. Wouldn’t like to predict but I’d rather be on Ruiz at odds against than Joshua at odds on.

An ex-boxer mate of mine totally agrees. Says he wasn't surprised by the outcome of the first fight and thinks AJ is more about the marketing aspect of the sport, rather than the boxing ability.

Whatever happens, there's no way I'm paying 25 notes to watch it :ohmy:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think partly AJ opened up too much because he was trying to conquer America and wanted to make a statement

He forgot how he got to be champ in the first place, it wasn't by blasting decent fighters away in the opening rounds.

Joshua could do well to ask himself, "how would Floyd Mayweather handler this?" Keep distance, control the fight, use the jab and whatever you do, don't leave yourself vulnerable to the counter attack by trying to get the quick win. Take back the belts on points and ignore the criticism.

I've got to say, Ruiz looks to me to have a decent chin and I'm not sure body shots will work against him. The temple is the shot to find

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lots of people on here overrating Joshua’s boxing ability. He’s far from great. No head movement, average footwork and very predictable.

Ruiz is the better boxer but Joshua has power and is dangerous. I see Ruiz winning if it goes beyond the 5th. Joshua also has stamina problems so he is a very beatable fighter.

Ruiz is no great shakes so anything could happen. Wouldn’t like to predict but I’d rather be on Ruiz at odds against than Joshua at odds on.

You're right. By historic standards, AJ is not one of the greats. Though I think he's get through the fight on Saturday and I think will become a better fighter for his defeat. There's more to come from him.

If we do ever see the fight against Wilder or Fury, I don't buy that he'd be nailed on to lose.

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
Am hoping the hyped up clown whos full of himself will get knocked out again.Even if he beats Ruiz it proves nothing and Wilder and Fury will destroy him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Depends on AJ's mental state once in the ring for me.

If this is bang on then can see him trying to make it boring and not risking too much.

Both can land and finish it so you never know but AJ to win 8+ round for me.

Would quite like to see Ruiz do it again.

Those ITK knew the first fight was no gimme

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally I could never understand the fascination with watching two people thump the head off of one another (and don't get me started in MMA)

Personally, I could never understand the fascination with posting in threads on subjects you aren't interested in, for the sole purpose of telling people you aren't interested in them.

:shrug:

Oh, and I think AJ in 6.

It’s partly what the internet was invented for.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You're right. By historic standards, AJ is not one of the greats. Though I think he's get through the fight on Saturday and I think will become a better fighter for his defeat. There's more to come from him.

If we do ever see the fight against Wilder or Fury, I don't buy that he'd be nailed on to lose.

Fury would be all wrong for Joshua. Fury has great movement and variation, I genuinely think he would toy with him.

Wilder could be very different. That could end up being a who lands first fight. Then it becomes much more 50/50. I would say though that Wilder has the much better stamina and would be more dangerous in the later rounds if it went that far.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
AJ floored Ruiz last time comfortably in the third. The pressure on him to finish him spectacularly after wilder did with Breazele caused him to get reckless. He didn't read that Ruiz wasn't buzzed after the knock down and walked into a concussive left. Game over after that. I don't think aj will make that mistake again. He has shed a bit of weight, presumably in prep for it going long. I think Joshua will win in 8 or 9 or points. But he needs to keep the fight at range like the parker fight.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Funnily enough I had a sneaky feeling AJ might lose the last fight, because he was completely focused on all of his fights after Ruiz. The whole build up was a bit like the start of Rocky 3.
However people keep saying what a great fighter Ruiz is, but the fact is AJ had put Ruiz on his ass and he was struggling. Ruiz then caught him with one big punch that AJ struggled to recover from.
So I think an AJ who’s not looking beyond this fight, and well aware of threat a big Ruiz punch could do, will be much more focused this time round. I don’t think it will go the distance and AJ might even knock Ruiz out.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
AJ was hit with a shot to his right temple I can confirm form personal experience that can knock your balance bone out of wack and once that happens you can't stand up straight let alone concentrate.
AJ will beat him this time just keep the little guy at arms length just jab let the points and rounds tick by wait for him to get tired wait for him to get desperate then pick him off I am going for an AJ to win by a knock out round 9

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here