Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Airbnb

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This so called gig economy is totally s**t ,, only just found out that if you order food from the. ""just eat"" app, they take 10% commission of what you spend,, easy money for them, but puts Financial pressure on the takeaway or restaurants,, check out the menu phone them direct !!!

But surely if Just Eat are delivering it then the takeaway isn't directly employing a delivery driver and everyone's a winner.

This sort of centralised, commission based selling goes on in literally every industry. Gig economy my ar$e

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But surely if Just Eat are delivering it then the takeaway isn't directly employing a delivery driver and everyone's a winner.

This sort of centralised, commission based selling goes on in literally every industry. Gig economy my ar$e

Just Eat don't deliver though.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

The takeaway provides their own drivers. Just Eat isn't really part of the gig economy, it's just an extension of the takeaway model that was already there.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The takeaway provides their own drivers. Just Eat isn't really part of the gig economy, it's just an extension of the takeaway model that was already there.

It's neither is it? It's simply an online marketplace, much like eBay, for example.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's neither is it? It's simply an online marketplace, much like eBay, for example.

Well I suppose it's more a centralisation than an extension. It's not quite like eBay, as many people on eBay didn't have a business before hand and eBay enabled them to easily start selling things, but it is similar to online marketplaces in general. I suppose it's a combination of an online store front and a directory listing service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here