Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Air con re-gas question

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Used this guy earlier today - HIGHLY recomended and a bargain at £37 compared to the average going rate of £70 & upwards. I found him very professional and knowledgeable. Rather have him servicing my A/C than some oik from Kwikfit. ???

Kwikfit only charge £45 which is cheap by comparison to other places who use this guy, but charge their own extortionate rates. "Apparently" all Kwikfit do is top up the gas rather than extracting the old stale stuff out which is what this guy does. Rather like topping up a half pint of yesterdays flat lager that's sat in the glass overnight with a fresh half pint out the pump.

Well impressed.

Thanks for your input it seems like such a good idea but wanted to check it first. Will let you know how it turns out, nice that it's a local company too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I agree with previous posters, never use Kwikfit for anything!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I agree with previous posters, never use Kwikfit for anything!

My motor insurance is with them.

It was the best deal I could get on Moneysupermarket.com at the time.

Oh dear, hope I don't have to use it!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
ditto all thebad stuff about kf, i used home for a/c in my car and the guy was more than helpful and i'd recommend him to anyone.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I must be mad trusting you lot!

I've got him coming round later to do mine.

37 pounds. Will let you know

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
how do i know when my aircon needs re-gassing anyway?

mine works and is nice and chilly, but when i have it switched off and just the cold ventilation on i get a horrendous smell of FEET coming from the vents

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
how do i know when my aircon needs re-gassing anyway?

mine works and is nice and chilly, but when i have it switched off and just the cold ventilation on i get a horrendous smell of FEET coming from the vents

You'll know when it's next to useless, sounds like your aircon system needs a clean. No idea how you go about it or whether you can do it yourself though I know it is something that occasionally needs doing :shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't go to Nationwide autocentre whatever you do (not sure if there is one in Brighton). They f***ed up the brakes on my car - not funny, and very expensive to have fixed.

They would probably put Carbon Monoxide gas into your air conditioning or something equally stupid.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Just had it done by the guy recommended on here.

Everthing seems fine, and half the price of a garage.

Tells a funny story about getting a call out from a woman to fix the air con, only to be told by him her car didn't have it.

She said when she bought it the advert said it was ' A1 Condition':lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:lol: Can't be done, too many Jerrys on board.

FiatTopolinoStaffCar.jpg

"military modelling geek alert"

The markings on the front are not from any divisions that served in the desert!!!

If my eyes are right, the ST with a square and a flag on top was a Eastern Front division

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
You'll know when it's next to useless, sounds like your aircon system needs a clean. No idea how you go about it or whether you can do it yourself though I know it is something that occasionally needs doing :shrug:

you can get a cleaner to clean the AC, use it all the time at work, if anyone wants any info drop me a pm

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just had it done by the guy recommended on here.

Everthing seems fine, and half the price of a garage.

Tells a funny story about getting a call out from a woman to fix the air con, only to be told by him her car didn't have it.

She said when she bought it the advert said it was ' A1 Condition':lol:

he told me the same story lol

Richard

May 30, 2010
Brillo AirCon service

I think this same chap has been mentioned by others, did my Range Rover for me for £38.00 Its the coldest it ever been.
This guy {Asian chap} is the aircon engineer for a lot of car garages in sussex. He keeps their identity secret as they are his customers. Dishes out his trade price to the public too. He is very polite and spent over 40 minutes looking for a small electrical fault before regasing but still only charged me £38. He is Brighton autoair or Brighton aircon I cant remember.
He gets my vote anyday!!!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Will be giving the nice man,a call next week thanks.

Longfellow

Jul 27, 2004
Used this man last week on NSC recommendation:-
Auto aircon
£38 to check over and re-gas VW Polo in Mid-Sussex.
On time, friendly, efficient and reasonable, took time to explain everything including what the main dealer should have done but did not do.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Had mine done eventually, he checks the system first and if he can't re-gas he'll tell you why and charge a tenner for the analysis, fortunately mine was fine and I didn't need to take any time off work or arrange lifts etc.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Friend used him last week.Says very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here