Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The Sun seem to think Arsenal would want £30million for him.... If true then he wont be coming to us.

If we're serious about a top 10 finish, we going to have to start investing in top 10 quality players.

Young ones don't come cheap.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All I wanna know is if he’d be good enough to play LWB week in week out. That’s surely the position we’re after him for. Right footed is worrying. Sure he may add midfield depth but we’re well stocked there - if he’s signed to play there Stephens or Propper may be off..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[tweet]1291462064574275589[/tweet]

If the Telegraph is correct he has been told he can leave,

They need to create space for Coutinho & Willian and probably a few more.

He is the exact sort of young utility player Potter would crave. I really hope we bag him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They need to create space for Coutinho & Willian and probably a few more.

He is the exact sort of young utility player Potter would crave. I really hope we bag him.

Tricky dealing with Arsenal these days.

Ongoing power battle within the club, no clarity on who is calling the shots.

Some are happy with him to go, others, like Arteta, want him. That doesn't mean much though. Massive dysfunction there

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There’s lots to like about this lad, you can tell he’s hungry and just wants to play. Has a good international background, good footballing education.. and what I especially like is that the Arsenal fans don’t want to lose him.

If this guy can have anywhere close to the same impact as Lamptey, he’ll be worth every penny.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’d given up on this as presumed they wouldn’t sell. Now I’m giving up because I don’t think we’ll pay that sort of money. Would be a good signing though. Him and Bissouma as the middle two in a 3-4-1-2 would make us so much quicker and more mobile than Stephens and Propper (much though I like them)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d given up on this as presumed they wouldn’t sell. Now I’m giving up because I don’t think we’ll pay that sort of money. Would be a good signing though. Him and Bissouma as the middle two in a 3-4-1-2 would make us so much quicker and more mobile than Stephens and Propper (much though I like them)

Writing off Molumby in there then? Using youth coming through, development squad crucial, all that jazz - just bollox?

Slightly underwhelmed if he comes in to block someone else's progress to the first team - but if Potter and the DS want him and get him in, OK, I'll support them - and him .................... staying on board ..........

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

He's versatile, but not that versatile.

Has he ever played CM?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Writing off Molumby in there then? Using youth coming through, development squad crucial, all that jazz - just bollox?

Slightly underwhelmed if he comes in to block someone else's progress to the first team - but if Potter and the DS want him and get him in, OK, I'll support them - and him .................... staying on board ..........

We’re hardly blocking youth coming through, look at the slow revolution happening in our squad. We will need more than 2 DCM/CMs so it’s hardly either/or. Think of it as the Kayal replacement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes. The first time I saw him, he played as a holding midfield player. And very good he was too.

I know a Potter player when I see one!

e9385cecc748a9938df0cf2f3b898fba.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although a striker and a left-back are the main targets remaining for Brighton, they could still do other business if an opportunity arises. They have been linked with Arsenal’s adaptable England Under-21 midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who would fit the Potter mould. A source chose his words carefully during the final week of the season, informing The Athletic that Maitland-Niles is “not on our list at this point”.

Sounds like it's not going to happen.

ie. he will only be on our list if we have the funds from selling Dunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here