Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustien

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If you gave them a free transfer doesnt that cancel their contract, it did in days gone by.

Maybe they'd have to find a club willing to take him for him to accept the free transfer. I can't see any club willing to offer him a contract going on what they'd seen he has done over the past 18 months.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't actually believe he's injured. Just a hunch.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If you gave them a free transfer doesnt that cancel their contract, it did in days gone by.

Yeah, but there's still be a pay-off involved and with so short a time left on his contract it hardly seems worth it. Besides, he and his bizarre array of hats don't half entertain the masses.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

I could be wrong but if we wanted to just terminate the contract then we'd have to pay him the full amount left on it, which would he fairly pointless.

Some players will agree to terminate them for a lesser fee if both parties just want out (such as wanting game time with no hope of being picked) but I somehow can't see Kemy taking that option.

We can't even free transfer him out as the window is closed, meaning only unattached players can sign for clubs (barring loan moves).

Basically, unless I'm wrong (possible), we're stuck with the lump.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He's a man without conviction
He's a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction
You come and go
You come and go

Kemy Kemy Kemy Kemy Kemy Chameleon
You come and go
You come and go
Loving would be easy if your fashion were like my dream
Red, gold and green
Red, gold and green

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We have some Soldiers who have lost legs in Afgan, and are now running marathons, climbing mount Everest etc. In less time than Kemy has had a Thigh problem.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I am fairly sure that it used to be if you gave a player a free transfer you stopped paying him but with the Human Rights Act etc that has probably been scrapped.

I hope you're being ironic with this post.

Then again you're in Haywards Heath..... The land of the Bushmiester and home of the red ski jacket so ANYTHING is possible....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
B-TAOEBIIAAeAEP.jpg
Kemy has been on Gordon Greers new Company site. He's looking for something new, to put his Blue Badge in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am fairly sure that it used to be if you gave a player a free transfer you stopped paying him but with the Human Rights Act etc that has probably been scrapped.

Where on earth did you hear that? it has nothing to do with HRA, it is employment law. You sign a contract then there are conditions attached to both sides. If players were released, they would have had their contract either paid up or an alternative agreement was reached.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here