Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aggro in the train q

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As we are in the NS, on a 3pm Saturday KO we generally catch the Lewes only which is about 5 past 5, we walk up to the end of the platform and the last carriage has about 10 people on when it leaves and when we leave the platform is still full so only a small number of people can be let onto the station from the ramps. That train is probably only 50-60% full when it leaves.

That's not good. Down to education shirley. Of the punters and the people overseeing the loading of the trains.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No problems on the Lewes line when i left at Full Time. Queued for 10 minutes, waited on the platform for the Eastbourne train at 8PM instead of getting on a Seaford train (which it seems a certain poster LOVED), unfortunately said train was nearly 15 minutes late into Eastbourne as it has an extended stop at Lewes because idiots for Lewes still keep getting on in the rear 3 coaches of the 8 car train and still expect to get off at Lewes, despite it being no different for 2 years !!

I often wait on the platform for the next Eastbourne train (unless there is actually a connecting train at Lewes) as often the Seaford trains are always leaving full up. I however wait at the far end of the platform as there is always plenty of space at the front of an 8-car train, if more people went right down to the end of the platform, more people could get access to the platform and get on the train. If the platform staff moved everyone who remains on the platform down to the end after a train leaves, then you could get more people on the platform.

One thing is that connections towards Eastbourne and Hastings at Lewes (to the trains from London) need improving. 1 train from Falmer arrives 2 minutes after 1 train leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here