Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agadir, Morocco

Dec 29, 2011
Put your clock back an hour.
If your going with a woman wear very conservative clothing.
Don't follow these "guides" they'll just take you to their shops. FIRMLY but politely tell them to do one.
Haggle for everything. Taxi fairs, food in small shops (restaurants are usually standard price) and gift shops. In true gift shops (that sell like Moroccon goods) i've been told you can start at 10% of the original price and work your way up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I understand, it is tradition to push pineapples and shake a tree, grind coffee, to the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees, go and dance every night and sing with a hula melody.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
As I understand, it is tradition to push pineapples and shake a tree, grind coffee, to the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees, go and dance every night and sing with a hula melody.

i see what you did there

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

do you think i shoud wear black laces in my trainers too ??????

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Walk along the prom when the tide is out, literally hundreds of young locals playing football.

Londoncalling

Jul 20, 2012
Ok , am off here in 12 days time, anyone been and can give me the lowdon on things to do/see/not to do/not to see etc.....

Rebuilt after earthquake so could be any Med town but not unpleasant. If time, trips to Marrakesh or Atlas Mountains fab. My missus said great long beach, should be its the bloody Sahara. Rolled up pastry things with savouy fillings called "cigars" pretty yummy. Agadir souk was fun, did get guide very cheap after haggling, great older guy who was brilliant at keeping away beggars and footpads

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I went last October. All inclusive at Riu tikida dunas. The town isn't much to write home about but if you've got a good hotel you'll love it.

My tips:
- when the sea mist rolls in (it will) put cream on because you can still get burned too bits.
- Visit Marrakech on a day trip. Incredible place.
- agree a taxi price before you leave. They'll try to rip you off. Be firm.
- go to the souk. Bu don't get a guide. They'll just walk you round, take you to their mates shops and charge you for the privilege.

We had a great time but I wouldn't go back. PM me if you've got any more questions.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Ok , am off here in 12 days time, anyone been and can give me the lowdon on things to do/see/not to do/not to see etc.....

If you can leave the missus lying next to the pool for a couple of hours. Check out if there is any football on. If so go in the expensive bit, a about 7 quid.
Don't take any more than your ticket money to the ground. The only time I have nearly succumbed to beggars was when a young boy was crying for me to buy him a ticket to get in. If I would of had money I would of paid for him and his mates.

If you hire a car and drive to Marrakesh, likely is you will get a speeding ticket. The policeman will start off all official, but after a couple of minutes will offer you the chance to settle with no paper work. About 7 quid. No points. When I found this out I went everywhere fast.

Learn the word "Imshe" it means go away in Arabic. Comes in handy for beggars. However, aggressive begging is frowned on by the locals in Agadir, as they know it effects tourism.

Like any sea side town the further you get from the front, the cheaper and better the food gets. Try a soup called Harirra. You will not require much else.

It is Ramadan. The men can get a bit grumpy during the day. No cigarttes, sex, water or food, during daylight hours. Am not sure what the actual dates are but you may be fortunate enough to be there for the end of Ramadan. Large party.

Have a good time. It will be hot!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Went years ago.. its not Maroc really.....like prev said..rebuilt after the earthquake in the sixties.. but good beach, and plenty of excursions you can go on...

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
If you fancy a day trip I'd recommend going up the coast to Essauora (sp?) which is a much older town than Agadir with many winding alleys fulls of shops and cafes. It was popular back in the day with Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix et al, and still retains some of the easy going vibe you'd associate with those artists.

As for Agadir, there's not too much to do there except sit on the beach and swim in the sea - relaxing, but if you're looking for something to do I'd recommend checking out Essaoura.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Yep been there; wouldn't go back out of choice. Can't really remember anything special about the place. Sorry for sounding negative.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
When i went there would be loads of kids playing football on the beach in the evenings all wearing Ben Arfa shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here