Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After Tonight are you still happy with your Season ticket

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
i imagine alot of people like myself, decided to sit in a different area of the ground tonight. Ive been to every game this season in the west stand upper, tonight i sat in the east. At first i thought ive made a mistake and should have gone lower down for my season ticket. However watching the 2nd half with England kicking towards the south, i realised the benefit of being higher up. One thing it made me realise was just how impressive the stadium is looking at the west stand.........anyone else sit in different areas, and what did you think?

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
We sat in WSU instead of WSL and can't wait to go back to our normal seats.For a start with my poor lungs the stairs were a nightmare and there did not seem to be as much leg room. At least on Albion match days you don't have screeaming kids talking all through the game and blowing their horns in your ears-or do you?

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
We sat in WSU instead of WSL and can't wait to go back to our normal seats.For a start with my poor lungs the stairs were a nightmare and there did not seem to be as much leg room. At least on Albion match days you don't have screeaming kids talking all through the game and blowing their horns in your ears-or do you?

I have to admit since the start of the season my legs seem alot stronger, it was weird tonight being so close to the pitch

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
I sit in the north usually and but today in I sat in west upper, I much prefer my st in the north!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Great view in the East Stand but wouldn't give my noisy, rowdy, salt of the earth North Stand ticket up for the world GRRRRRR !!!!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
i imagine alot of people like myself, decided to sit in a different area of the ground tonight. Ive been to every game this season in the west stand upper, tonight i sat in the east. At first i thought ive made a mistake and should have gone lower down for my season ticket. However watching the 2nd half with England kicking towards the south, i realised the benefit of being higher up. One thing it made me realise was just how impressive the stadium is looking at the west stand.........anyone else sit in different areas, and what did you think?

Likewise, but vice versa. I sat in West Stand Upper with friends and while the view of the whole stadium was impressive, I missed being so close to the action in WSL.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Great view in the East Stand but wouldn't give my noisy, rowdy, salt of the earth North Stand ticket up for the world GRRRRRR !!!!!!

Sat back row dead centre of the west upper today 1st time i have not stood in the north stand, a little bit back from P B. Veiw was good but would not give up the N stand atmosphere for all the tea in china

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I sat in the South at the front and although the view was fine I wouldn't swap my WSL seat for anything. The concourse is big (anyone who complains obviously hasn't been to Fratton Park) plus the West Stand looks impressive. However, from where I was sitting the North Stand looks about 2 inches high and, dare I say it, not that impressive. Too much grey wall showing for my liking over that side of the stadium.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Tried WSL tonight which was ok but would not swap for my WSU season ticket seat. From upper you get a much better view of player movement & see things developing better. Much more space in the lower concourses though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSU but 4 rows down in Row D and like it

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It was a novelty sitting up 'in the gods' in Row A of West Stand Upper, and it was a cracking birds eye view of the game.

Might take any opportunities to try out the East and even South if the chance comes for future 'unusual' games.

But I'll be gladly back behind the goal in the North Stand next home game!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
sitting in wsl and some could'nt tell how close the player was to the ball sometimes but both seats i've sat in are good

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Tried WSL tonight which was ok but would not swap for my WSU season ticket seat. From upper you get a much better view of player movement & see things developing better. Much more space in the lower concourses though.

You wouldn't have seen much player movement/development tonight then......if that's the future of English football, I'm worried !!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So long as no-one had a shit in my seat tonight I'm still happy with my ST.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
sitting in wsl and some could'nt tell how close the player was to the ball sometimes but both seats i've sat in are good

I went WSL for the Senior Cup, I wanted to see the difference before I'd even been WSU. Have to say I really did not like the pitchside view, it was too close (I was row 2 next to the dugouts) and because the pitch cambers you can't see the lines on the other side! WSU gives you the whole picture. Much prefer tier three to Ground Zero.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I normally sit right at the top and centre of WSU, and I missed it tonight. Although Block C WSL was fine, something just wasn't quite right; I prefer either having a high viewpoint, or being on a terrace right next to the pitch.
You also get more of a tactical viewpoint up in WSU, which I think helps me appreciate our playstyle more, although you have to remember that we can see potential passes that the players cannot!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
WSU tonight, half way line just behind the cameras. Great view of the game and can only imagine what it is like on a match day. However I would not swap my North Stand for anything as it is not all about the game, it is about support, banter, passion, giving the away keeper shit and going home with a sore throat from singing my little heart out. There's no place like home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here