Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AFCON '24

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Keeper's gong to be disappointed with that. Cape Verde just scored a direct free kick from about 40yards.
In fairness the chap did absolutely WALLOP it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Proper goal for Cape Verde to go 3-0.

Corker that one.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
My upstairs neighbour is Ghanian and of course with CH as manager and Tariq I always keep a close eye on them. They were absolutely shocking against Cape Verde. Slow, negative, no ambition. It was like watching a Chris Hughton side. Oh. Wait.

Drew 2-2 with Egypt last night but didn't watch it. Kudos scored both of Ghana's goals.
I see Ghana went 2-1 up to throw it away 3 minutes later, I bet Chris went berserk. He going to have to get a response from them against Mozambique.

Jimmy Grimble

Adingra on the bench for Ivory Coast.

Jimmy Grimble

And be coming back to England soon
Even a defeat might be enough to put them through because of the best third place teams rule.

Jimmy Grimble

Still no sign of Adingra despite his side being desperate for a goal and the right winger looking a bit one dimensional.

Edit: triple sub and he still hasn’t appeared. Can’t be match fit.

Jimmy Grimble

A 3-0 defeat could actually have more chance of sending Adingra back to us if the other results go against them in the next couple days!

Jimmy Grimble

Salt in the wound tonight. Hughton has had a shocker with Ghana. They were 2-0 up and cruising to qualification only to concede 2 last minute goals meaning that they are almost certainly going out. As a consequence, it could well keep Ivory Coast in the tournament.

Net result - Kudus and Ayew to return for their sides and Adingra now has a good chance of staying for the next round :(

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Net result - Kudus and Ayew to return for their sides and Adingra now has a good chance of staying for the next round :(

We need 4 of the 5 other third place teams to have a better record than Ivory Coast:

Group B: Ghana have a worse record so they won’t help.

Group C: Cameron need to beat Gambia, or lose to them by 2 or more goals to better their record. Should Happen

Group D: Algeria need to not lose to Mauritania to better their record. However if Mauritania win they’ll have a better record. Guranteed to Happen.

That leaves the two tricky ones.

Group E:

Mali 4pts +2
South Africa 3pts +2
Namibia 3pts -3
Tunisia 1 pts -1

South Africa v Tunisia
Mali v Namibia

A Namibia win or draw would be huge for us. If not then a narrow Tunisia win would see us through too.

Group F:

Morroco 4pts +3
D R Congo 2pts 0
Zambia 2pts 0
Tanzania 1pts -3

Zambia v Morocco
Congo v Tanzania

There’s about 10 different permutations here so I won’t write them all out, but a pair of draws would be ideal. Zambia not losing is the key really.

So we’ve got a decent chance of getting Adingra back, but one little thing can screw it entirely.

Jimmy Grimble

We need 4 of the 5 other third place teams to have a better record than Ivory Coast:

Group B: Ghana have a worse record so they won’t help.

Group C: Cameron need to beat Gambia, or lose to them by 2 or more goals to better their record. Should Happen

Group D: Algeria need to not lose to Mauritania to better their record. However if Mauritania win they’ll have a better record. Guranteed to Happen.

That leaves the two tricky ones.

Group E:

Mali 4pts +2
South Africa 3pts +2
Namibia 3pts -3
Tunisia 1 pts -1

South Africa v Tunisia
Mali v Namibia

A Namibia win or draw would be huge for us. If not then a narrow Tunisia win would see us through too.

Group F:

Morroco 4pts +3
D R Congo 2pts 0
Zambia 2pts 0
Tanzania 1pts -3

Zambia v Morocco
Congo v Tanzania

There’s about 10 different permutations here so I won’t write them all out, but a pair of draws would be ideal. Zambia not losing is the key really.

So we’ve got a decent chance of getting Adingra back, but one little thing can screw it entirely.
Worth keeping an eye on that’s for sure. Shame Hughton completely ballsed it up tonight otherwise Adingra could’ve been flying back very soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS Ghana - means twatty will be back for the scum too… Really hoping Adingra comes back - we need pace on the wings asap…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I notice Japan haven’t done too well… if they did go out aim the quarters or before, Mitoma COULD be back for Palace…….

Jimmy Grimble

I notice Japan haven’t done too well… if they did go out aim the quarters or before, Mitoma COULD be back for Palace…….
Ideal scenario is they finish second in their group while South Korea win their group. Means they meet in the next round. Then a South Korea win would give us Mitoma back and keep Son there potentially until we play Spurs…

Jimmy Grimble

Step 1 in hopefully getting Adingra back starts shortly. We need a Cameron win.

This sequence of results would see him return:

Cameroon win
Namibia win/draw
Zambia win/draw

Bet365 have it priced at 6.8/1

This sequence would also work:

Cameroon win
Tunisia win
Zambia win/draw

Priced at 6.5/1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He could be - but he's not actually fit to play yet, anyway!

Jimmy Grimble

Unfortunately Cameroon have looked second best against Gambia and could easily be behind. 45 minutes to find a goal - the game should open up as a draw is useless for both sides in terms of qualification.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here