Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Re Crawley- their crowds used to be fairly tidy when they first got into the Conference a few years back, but dropped right off in protest at the Majeed regime. They're picking up a bit again now, but I don't think they're quite at the same level (maybe because every time they look like succeeding, the club makes an arse of some procedure or other, and they get docked more points).

Having said that, I reckon if they made it into the Football League, they'd easily hold their own, crowd-wise, in League Two. I'm convinced they'd get more through the gates than the likes of Accrington and Macclesfield.

It's kind of sad what happened to Kingstonian but it's great that the dons now have a home and it's not too far from Wimbledon. Did anyone go to the fa cup game in about 1996? They beat us 1 nil i believe!

Sorry, but what do you think has happened to Kingstonian? When AFCW moved to Kingsmeadow, and bought it, Kingstonian were owned by a property developer who had already stated his intention to try to sell the ground for development leaving the K's potentially without a ground and certainly without a ground they owned. AFCW have now guaranteed the K's have somewhere to play, albeit somewhere they currently don't own, at a pepper-corn rent and have also said that if AFCW were ever to move and hence sell the ground the K's would have first refusal for the purchase at favourable terms.

For that to be changed would require a vote of the owners of AFCW, the fans and people such as me, and I assure you the likelihood of that vote ever being passed is next to nill. The K's are actually more secure now than they were before. Read paragraphs 7 and 8 of this article and it will give you slightly more information of the situation when AFCW came in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-yeading-to-heed-cup-lesson-of-kingstonian-collapse-495674.html

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
İbrahim Tatlıses;2772505 said:
There's an AFC Liverpool now 'n all. Boycotting the over inflated ticket prices it seems.

or just their fans wanting to copy United??

Sorry, but what do you think has happened to Kingstonian? When AFCW moved to Kingsmeadow, and bought it, Kingstonian were owned by a property developer who had already stated his intention to try to sell the ground for development leaving the K's potentially without a ground and certainly without a ground they owned. AFCW have now guaranteed the K's have somewhere to play, albeit somewhere they currently don't own, at a pepper-corn rent and have also said that if AFCW were ever to move and hence sell the ground the K's would have first refusal for the purchase at favourable terms.

For that to be changed would require a vote of the owners of AFCW, the fans and people such as me, and I assure you the likelihood of that vote ever being passed is next to nill. The K's are actually more secure now than they were before. Read paragraphs 7 and 8 of this article and it will give you slightly more information of the situation when AFCW came in.

Top post. Those of us from West Sussex will have passed many times the original ground of this famous old club on the main road from Worthing to the Kew area of London. To have lost a second ground would have been tragic, but they now have the best possible landlords.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Either or both of those clubs will be a welcome addition to the BSP next season, not least for the size of their away following.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here