Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon Friendly

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Sorry if fixtures, But I have it on good authority that we have a pre-season fixture arranged with the REAL dons.
Not sure if its away or at home at the moment:bounce:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
i object to the comment "the REAL dons" but i don't want to get into an AFC/MK debate.
Anyhoo, will be interesting to see the standards, they must be pretty good judging by how well theyve done to get where they are.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
ok i'm sorry for calling you a smart arse, it's just that I fuckin hate mk dongs and everything they stand for

I don't blame you one bit- what they did was a disgrace.
But seeing that stadium and the way they outplayed us, my opinion changed a bit. Obviously this won't be the case if everything with Bloom and Falmer go ahead, but a club like that does not deserve the set up they have there. We'd get 15,000 a game in that ground, where they are scraping 10,000, and most of them turn up in Man United shirts anyway.
I'm not defending them in any way by the way. I hate them, and their plastic supporters, but the way they are set up is pretty damn good for a League One side.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't blame you one bit- what they did was a disgrace.
But seeing that stadium and the way they outplayed us, my opinion changed a bit.

Bit like saying you changed your opinion of the person who stole your mates wallet when you went his house and saw what he bought with the money.

I object to the term the real dons too, because there is no such thing - only "the dons" - AFC Wimbledon and not that sad pathetic football league position stealing non entity you are so impressed by.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the fact that they are called mk DONS annoys me more about them than anyone else, it's like constantly admitting that they are in the wrong place!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bit like saying you changed your opinion of the person who stole your mates wallet when you went his house and saw what he bought with the money.

I object to the term the real dons too, because there is no such thing - only "the dons" - AFC Wimbledon and not that sad pathetic football league position stealing non entity you are so impressed by.

I can see the point of your lovely metaphor but i didn't mention Wimbledon at all. They were completely irrelevant in what i said.

Did you go to their ground away this season then? I'm not saying i'm impressed by the club, but by the way it's set up. I didn't say i had changed my opinion of them in the way that i don't dislike them, but because they have such good resources that are wasted on plastic fans. Nothing to do with Wimbledon, they are long gone, and some people need to get over that, the AFC fans certainly will have done when they are back in the Football league.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
the fact that they are called mk DONS annoys me more about them than anyone else, it's like constantly admitting that they are in the wrong place!

including that bit in their name IS a bit of an insult

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can see the point of your lovely metaphor but i didn't mention Wimbledon at all. They were completely irrelevant in what i said.

Did you go to their ground away this season then? I'm not saying i'm impressed by the club, but by the way it's set up. I didn't say i had changed my opinion of them in the way that i don't dislike them, but because they have such good resources that are wasted on plastic fans. Nothing to do with Wimbledon, they are long gone, and some people need to get over that, the AFC fans certainly will have done when they are back in the Football league.

Irrelevant ? You said you objected to the phrase the Real Dons.

No of course I didn't go, why would I be putting money into the hands of that tosser.

As for "getting over that.." it's called having principles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here