Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon are the Champions!

After yesterday's result (a 3-0 win), AFC Wombles are the Champions of the Seagrave Haulage Combined Counties League. How's that for a wonderful piece of symmetry with last week's relegation of MK Dons?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised it took this long- last time I looked they had something like 105 points, so how come they hadn't been promoted already?

Think they beat Withdean 2000 6-0 at the weekend

:salute::lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :salute:

The Combined Counties League feeds into Ryman Div 2, but election is required. Bearing in mind the club's support, finances, and total domination of the CCL, I suspect election is merely a formality. However, the re-organisation of the non-league pyramid for the coming season may throw a spanner in the works.

Last edited:

edna krabappel said:
I'm surprised it took this long- last time I looked they had something like 105 points, so how come they hadn't been promoted already?

They had loads of games in hand, so actually the points gap wasn't as big as you might expect from their results.

Congratulations to the REAL Wimbledon. I would guess they'd go into Ryman Div 2, but with all the reformation of non league football for next season, it's all a bit confusing. They may even jump a league or two? I believe the winners of Ryman div one, ( Worthings league ) go straight into the new conference south...

Last edited:

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
fatbadger said:
The Combined Counties League feeds into Ryman Div 2, but election is required. Bearing in mind the club's support, finances, and total domination of the CCL, I suspect election is merely a formality. However, the re-organisation of the non-league pyramid for the coming season may throw a spanner in the works.

Horsham are already looking forward to their first capacity crowd in 35 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here