Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Presumably if March and Mitoma were fit then we’d have won 4-3?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
End of season stuff but there’s a concerning lack of fight about the side at the moment. A lot traces back to the spell when De Zerbi was kicking off all the time about a lack of signings I think. Injuries have been very cruel but other clubs have had more than their fair share too. Certainly won’t be clamouring for him to go as I think we’ll do well again when the key players return - but if his response to adversity remains the same in future then I fear that’s a serious flaw.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
End of season stuff but there’s a concerning lack of fight about the side at the moment. A lot traces back to the spell when De Zerbi was kicking off all the time about a lack of signings I think. Injuries have been very cruel but other clubs have had more than their fair share too. Certainly won’t be clamouring for him to go as I think we’ll do well again when the key players return - but if his response to adversity remains the same in future then I fear that’s a serious flaw.
Fair point, but I think we'll be fine next season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seems we all expected to lose, and then we lost. So no point getting all stressed up over it, this is exactly where we are right now.
Yes ..the soft touch of the division. All the other teams know we have ' gone ' We are going through the motions and it's painful to watch.
Any manager worth his salt would be mixing up tactics now to try and stop the slide. RDZ clearly believes that his way is the only way. So brace yourselves for 14th place.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Look up the term “overall” quick hint…… doesn’t mean one player.

Properly managed our squad is better
I'm sorry but that's bollocks.
They have a huge stadium. An England regular who has scored what 20 goals this season?! Paqueta walks into any team in world football. They're historically one of this biggest clubs in England.
It's deranged to think we are more appealing.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Yes, 'now' it is, but that really was the cause of it all. It's not that surprising that the players (and RDZ) have been knocked for six and the confidence has gone.
I am afraid the injuries thing has masked some really poor decision making from RDZ. His inability to be pragmatic in game and with the players at is disposal is a major flaw in this skills set. Bloom won't sack him, we are stuck with him.

Mar 4, 2024
What's the point? He's off for good in a couple of weeks, so let's give some of our own a bit of game time. In fact, we might as well pop him on a plane home now.
Should have popped him on pitch week's ago and give him some game time. We'll never know will we ? No complaints up to the Notts F game and injury. Obviously ok for the bench. Maybe another RDZ I'm in charge, so you can all deal with it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think I've tipped over into RDZ out land. I think.

That guy has had us playing some of the best football I've ever seen. But he's also apparently incapable of getting us to play in any other way. In runs like this you need to get a result, bollocks to the principles.

I fear he's too wedded to his system and we're not the sort of club willing to, or capable of, spending big to make sure we've got enough players who can do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here