Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At the end of the season with CH we were the worst. Horrendous form, we were rescued by dubious refereeing against Cardiff in other matches robbing them of points.
We were probably rescued by an avaricious agent putting that poor young lad on a clapped out plane with a pilot without the proper qualifications.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
This is way worse than any time under CH or GP.
We are the second worst team in the league currently.
Say what you like against CH, but we always looked solid at the back and rarely got completely smashed. We lost a lot of games by a goal or two, but rarely by more than that.

And we looked dangerous from set pieces.

Was it exciting? Not so much. But it did get the fundamentals mostly right.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
The whole ‘in furies’ thing is a red herring. These players are good enough to win games, but our manager is not playing with what he has got.

I don’t believe Bloom will sack him, but he really should look at that form and ask whether he’s allowing or the Europa stuff to camouflage the truth.
Totally agree with this. It's not the quality of the players it's RDz's recent tactics and stuborness.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I know everyone likes putting the boot into RDZ at the moment but the players need to have a long hard look at themsleves.

There are some things that are entirely on them:

Effort
Decision making
Quality on the ball

All three have been really poor from the team. Two or three have at least looked like they're trying but the rest have sleep walked their way through the game.

Sooner this season is put in the history books the better. Then when we look back we'll only remember being top for a week, smacking palace 4-1 and playing in Europe. The final third of the season will be forgotten. But f*** me gutless performances annoy me, there's zero excuse for them.
But the manager is the one who should be getting that from them. Motivation is the first major thing you need in any management job, even in a shop.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just to let folk know, the Sussex CCC thread is alive and well with Sussex top at present. Do join in for friendly chat and humourous banter. If all the Albion perils become too much other threads are available.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I'm 100% hoping that RDZ is still at the helm next season, along with most (if not all) of our injured players back. Couple that with a few decent signings and this end to the season will be forgotten.
Shit happens, and it's happened to us - finally.
We're still in the PL and I really didn't think we'd last for more than a couple of seasons, when we were promoted.
Sorry but I am pretty balanced in my views normally but this is beyond the injury list now.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
End the season now, please. This is painful to witness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here