[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
This is way worse than any time under CH or GP.
We are the second worst team in the league currently.
At the end of the season with CH we were the worst. Horrendous form, we were rescued by dubious refereeing against Cardiff in other matches robbing them of points.

This is worse than anything Potter served up though. With Potter we created chances, just couldn't finish them. With Potter we very rarely if ever got hammered, we've been hammered 4 or 5 times this season.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
5 years ago in April, we were losing 0-5 to Bournemouth at the Amex.

One wonders whether this is going to be a defining fixture like the Bournemouth and Cardiff games at the Amex were.

Different circumstances certainly and we've had a great European adventure, but still this nagging feeling persists re the manager.
First game I ever left early, straight after the 4th went in.

Too fed up to leave early today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
At least when it started to go pear shaped for CH, he was pragmatic and got the team to defend as if their lives depended on it. That 0-0 at Wolves was a team really playing for their manager.
The 0-0 with Cardiff was the big one, Cardiff going hammer and tong, but the players stood firm, same with the Newcastle draw.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The whole ‘injuries’ thing is a red herring. These players are good enough to win games, but our manager is not playing with what he has got.

I don’t believe Bloom will sack him, but he really should look at that form and ask whether he’s allowing or the Europa stuff to camouflage the truth.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
When you have as many injuries as we’ve had all season you need to be able to grind out results and that’s something that no De Zerbi side will ever do. We should’ve been playing Hughton- esque football for the last two months . We’d definitely have more points and probably a better goal difference . Continue to play the De Zerbi way and we won’t get another point.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I know everyone likes putting the boot into RDZ at the moment but the players need to have a long hard look at themsleves.

There are some things that are entirely on them:

Effort
Decision making
Quality on the ball

All three have been really poor from the team. Two or three have at least looked like they're trying but the rest have sleep walked their way through the game.

Sooner this season is put in the history books the better. Then when we look back we'll only remember being top for a week, smacking palace 4-1 and playing in Europe. The final third of the season will be forgotten. But f*** me gutless performances annoy me, there's zero excuse for them.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm 100% hoping that RDZ is still at the helm next season, along with most (if not all) of our injured players back. Couple that with a few decent signings and this end to the season will be forgotten.
Shit happens, and it's happened to us - finally.
We're still in the PL and I really didn't think we'd last for more than a couple of seasons, when we were promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports